Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers
Default Re: This A is snowed in

But But But.... New England can't have that picturesque sleigh-ride atmosphere we all see in photos and read about it in books without all of New England being snow covered!!!!!! There's more to New England than just Clam Chowder, lobster, maple syrup and the Red Socks...ya know!!!!

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #22
mass A man

Yeah, The Patriots. "Fenway Pahc" looks like a giant white bowl having been filled in with the snow.
mass A man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #23
Keith True

As near as I can figure I have 23 roofs that collect snow.Houses,garages,sheds,storage trailers,outbuildings,etc.I shovel about 15 of them.We're hearing a lot of complaining here,but not much from the natives.The ones that are screaming about moving the snow away are foreigners,not N.H. natives.The natives just let mother nature deal with the piles,the transplants want the towns to spend thousands to haul it away.We have the hillbilly weatherman here,he's pretty comical,but he shows the attitude of the natives.If you don't like the snow,stay home.If you don't like the banks at the ends of your driveways,grab your shovel and deal with it.I think it is one of the best places to live.Not too much heat,not too many hurricanes,tornadoes or floods,no real bug,snake or critter problems.just a little cold and snow now and then.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #24
mass A man

I hear you Keith. My sister-in-law living in Beaufort, South Carolina opened the front of her house to reach for the morning paper and there was a 4 foot alligator curled up on the welcome mat on top of her newspaper. My brother calls to gloat about their warm weather. What a dick.
mass A man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #25
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith True View Post
As near as I can figure I have 23 roofs that collect snow.Houses,garages,sheds,storage trailers,outbuildings,etc.I shovel about 15 of them.We're hearing a lot of complaining here,but not much from the natives.The ones that are screaming about moving the snow away are foreigners,not N.H. natives.The natives just let mother nature deal with the piles,the transplants want the towns to spend thousands to haul it away.We have the hillbilly weatherman here,he's pretty comical,but he shows the attitude of the natives.If you don't like the snow,stay home.If you don't like the banks at the ends of your driveways,grab your shovel and deal with it.I think it is one of the best places to live.Not too much heat,not too many hurricanes,tornadoes or floods,no real bug,snake or critter problems.just a little cold and snow now and then.
Ya got it good......here in the mid-west we have it all, heat, humidity, snow, ice, tornados, floods, lot's of bugs, snakes of all sorts, lot's of critters but no gators, Burmese pythons, hurricanes, sand storms or wild fires..............yet!!! Everyplace has it's positive and negative aspects about the area.....I have cost of living being the best for my income.

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote