Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
revenski

Default "38 Tonner Progress - Part 3

It's been a while since I posted any pictures of progress on my '38 tonner. Things really slowed up waiting on a couple of others for body parts to come back. I still need to get running boards back which should be within the week and to get the bed back, probably about 6 weeks out. Then I can get the back end on and bed floor in. My last set of pictures (part 2) can be found at: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209880 which will give you a link to part 1.

I'm also working on trying to piece the history together for my tonner. That's a work in progress also. Unfortunately, 2 early owners that I have learned of are deceased and family contacts have not yielded any further information. I do know based on lettering that was barely visible on the doors that the truck was used by a business in Odell, Nebraska at some point. The name appears to have been Henry Wein___ Co. I'm working on that also but haven't gotten anywhere yet. Odell is a community of about 260 people today.

The truck was most likely a demonstrator model with "demonstrator yellow" fenders, pin stripes and wheels. It also has a chrome grill and windshield trim, an optional hot water heater and an optional rear slider. My goal is to restore it as stock to the degree possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck29.jpg (89.8 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg Truck30.jpg (92.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg Truck31.jpg (90.9 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg Truck32.jpg (79.0 KB, 94 views)
revenski is offline   Reply With Quote