Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
jimloiselle

Default 1938 Standard 2 Door for Sale

City: Nicholasville
State: KY
Price: 15500

1938 Standard 2 door - $15500 OBO

The color is Cordova Tan. The body of this car was restored 16 years ago. The Paint and upholstery are still in excellent condition. Actually it was driven very little after being restored because the motor had problems. The remaining issues are mostly mechanical. They are that the frame is rusted through in two places, and the front floor section needs to be replaced. The brakes need to be converted to hydraulic, and the rear end gears need to be changed.

The tires are new All State white walls. All the glass is good as is most of the chrome and stainless.

I discovered the motor, frame and other problems after buying the car in 2002. Since then the car has been garaged, and I have been gathering parts needed to complete restoration. The following is a partial list of everything I have for the restoration:

1. A very good frame from a 1937 Ford 2 door car. This is a rolling chassis complete with transmission, rear end, steering and exhaust system.

2. An 8BA motor that has all machining done and is ready to assemble with new bearings, pistons, clutch, gaskets, etc.

3. A hydraulic conversion from a 39 Ford, having a peddle assembly, backing plates, brake shoes and drums. You would need the hydraulic lines to complete the conversion.

4. the rear ends of both 38 car and 37 chassis have V8 60 gears, but I have the banjo section from an 85 hp Ford rear end to convert to the the lower ratio.

5. Other new parts included are gas tank, radiator, under hood and dash wiring, carburetor and numerous other parts needed to finish the restoration. Plus lots of extra parts.

I am selling the car due to my age, and I may not be able to finish the restoration. This car would be a good project for someone having the time
and energy, without spending much more money to finish it.

I have lots of pictures. Call me at 859-223-2270, or email at [email protected] and I will email them to you.
Jim Loiselle

Last edited by jimloiselle; 08-29-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: change discription and add email address
jimloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote