Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-24-2021, 01:22 AM   #1
o2bnkc

Default more carb problems

Every time I take this thing apart, I think I've solved the problem but another one pops up. It was stumbling real bad so I took out the 5.5 power valve and put the old 7.5 pv back in. I take it for a spin and it runs great. I get it back home to check it, and I have fuel squirting out the little vent hole at the top of the fuel bowl. I didn't even know it had a hole there! This is a Holley 94 original carb. I've had this thing apart a dozen times now. The only thing that is different from when it had that dead spot and didn't leak to now where it runs good but does spit fuel out the top is the power valve. What am I missing here?
Old 05-24-2021, 03:02 AM   #2
Phil Gillespie

Default Re: more carb problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bnkc View Post
Every time I take this thing apart, I think I've solved the problem but another one pops up. It was stumbling real bad so I took out the 5.5 power valve and put the old 7.5 pv back in. I take it for a spin and it runs great. I get it back home to check it, and I have fuel squirting out the little vent hole at the top of the fuel bowl. I didn't even know it had a hole there! This is a Holley 94 original carb. I've had this thing apart a dozen times now. The only thing that is different from when it had that dead spot and didn't leak to now where it runs good but does spit fuel out the top is the power valve. What am I missing here?
Bowl float level to correct and adjust if required. Every time its pulled down there is also another opportunity to create another problem.
my first guess.
Phil NZ
Phil Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:02 AM   #3
Terry,OH

Default Re: more carb problems

I agree with Phil above. There could be something preventing the input valve from closing properly, giving excessive fuel level in the float bowl. Also check the fuel pressure should be 2 to 2.5
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote