Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
L5wolvesf

Default Breaking Into An Open 55 Ford

Hi all, I’m attempting to figure out what my 55 was before the prior owner(s) did what they did to it. So I want to decode the Data Tag – the one on the driver’s door pillar. Problem: the door won’t open, so I go to the other side roll down the driver’s window and give it a tug – no go. I fiddle with the lock button some and give a bit more of a tug – still no go. Since the lock button felt like it was barely doing anything I got the key – the key won’t turn. Prior to being parked where it is now the lock and door functioned properly.

Today I shot a bit of WD40 in the key hole and opened up my Ford Shop Manual. But the FSM really doesn’t have a useful (in this case) diagram of the internals of the door mechanism. Since the front door panels are off, I was hoping to see what I might be able to do from inside the door. I suspect that something may have sagged (for lack of a better term) and is preventing movement.

So, the question seems to be . . . Does anyone know how to break into a 55 Ford – from the inside?

Thank you
L5wolvesf is offline   Reply With Quote