Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Re: 40 1/4 rather-N/T

some 39 & 40 came with rain gutter just over the front door & and a little over the small side glass. some had rain gutter ran about 2 ft longer. dont know why. my 39 has the short one. i have had 4 cpes 2 had long 2 two had short. i dont know if the differnce is related to buisness or opra cpe.bills1935.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

thats interesting bill, didnt know that. There is a 39 coupe around my area, built for some famous american race driver, but cant recal who. The car was origionally built in the mid fifties with a really nice flathead, the heads and intake have changed, and a 40 dash put in, but other than that it is exactly the same way it was in the 50's. The drip rails on it only go down to about 2 feet short of the trunnk, everyone thought they were shortened, could this be a short drip rail car? there is no seam after the DR. The ones on mine extend all the way to the trunk.

I realized what they were talking about this morning, sad part is, i have a pair or rear repro rain gutters, Im just used to calling them, and hear them being called, drip rails, which is what must have thrown me off. On a side not, You can only use those if you replacing the whole side, and prefereably the whole car, as they arnt really close to matching, but i guess you could make i work if you had to.

thanks guys

-Beecher

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

old henry did a lot of differnt things. i have run into a lot. if you want a good arguement there was 3 40 ford cpes. 1 of them looks just like a merc.but you are right on drip rails mine are the short ones about 2 feet from edge of trunk top edge.i think some of the things we see was a try this but never went into full production.its like everything else. some have and some havent and you will never convince them. well have a good one. bills1935

Old 03-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #4

Default 10 1/4 window question

just looking at dennis carpenters website, and i see he lists a coupe 1/4 window seal, and a 1/4 window rain gutter (for coupe only it says). Just wondering what the difference is, do i need both? thanks alot

-Beecher

Old 03-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #5

Default 40 1/4 rather-N/T

just a correction

Old 03-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #6

Default Re: 10 1/4 window question

they are two different things, the rubber is what holds the glass in, the rain gutter is the metal channel that goes on the roof over the door