Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
elwood

Default 34 cdan

Hey guys, Im replacing the fender wells on a 34 tudor cdan, first off, I cant locate any that fit the car, Im told no one makes cdan fender wells, I was told I need to Tub them, to fit, I don't really have a problem doing this,
I was just looking to see how someone else attacks this,
Also, I have a rear patch panel for the rear lower belt line, but I cant find the corners, anyone have a leed for these ?
Thanks guys ...
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:30 AM   #2
T Scott

Default Re: 34 cdan

Elwood, I wouldn't think you would have to replace the whole fender well and that the lower 4" in most cases would do. Assuming that's the case you should be able to form the bottom segment from sheet metal. If your wells have the crowfoot it makes for a little more work but still, you're working with flat stock and the forward end where it meets the quarter panel is easily formed with some basic tin knocking. Don't tub the wells. That's for hot rodders. As for the body corners, consider coupe corners from Howell's. ( I don't think they make corners for a sedan but worth checking.) I bought a pair for my coupe. They didn't fit worth a crap, but at least with some cutting and reforming the were usable and I'm thankful they were available. The lower portion might be enough to get you by.
T Scott is offline   Reply With Quote