Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
Talkwrench

Default Supercharger idea.. Thoughts?

This is an SC14 Supercharger off a Toyota Supra [2lt] its 1420cc. OK OK I know its not a Frenzel, or McColloch but I have used one before as part of a kit that retro-fits to our Holden 6 cylinders, it was under my bench so thought I would see how it would go.
Roughly looking at it I can pick up a mount of the alternator bracket and also make a mount off one of the intake manifold studs, the other side also possibly off the water pump bolt exhaust manifold or even a head stud?? I do have a few tensioners I could try squeeze in for the belt.
because of the rotation the top is the outlet so that would seem quite simple a few bends and straight in...But the big problem will be the intake, see that last pic, its underneath, so what do I do ? I was thinking an SU carb but how to mount and the heat??
They do make an adapter for a 350Holley but again because of the rotation its on the outlet side in this situation? The inlet and outlet on it doesn't interchange tho' the inlet I think I can reverse but not that it would help either.. Perhaps one of those offset alternator brackets might put it in a better position?
Well its just an idea.. Lawrie can you see something here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3761small.jpg (92.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3763 Small.jpg (77.8 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3764Small.jpg (85.9 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3765Small.jpg (85.9 KB, 249 views)