Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Stretch Cab

Default Thanks Gilmore For A Great Show

I was in Michigan today on business and was able to attend the Gilmore Model A show. The weather was a little iffy but the day turned out great.

The Gilmore is the best museum for old cars that I have ever seen and of course the Model A Museum is another reason to go.

There were a lot of Model A's at the show and it was just a great day.

Thanks to all that participated and to those who made it possible. You did a great job!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gilmore.jpg (65.7 KB, 231 views)
Stretch Cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Thanks Gilmore For A Great Show

I agree with you. I live close by ( 50 miles ) and I go often. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
mshmodela

Great photo... wish I could have gone..

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
mshmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
larrys40

Yes I was there too . Tom Wesenberg and I got to say hello and chat . I took in the end of his seminar and it was detailed and great. Thanks Tom!

Swap meet was great. I haven't seen that much A stuff together at one time in a while . Lots of sheet metal. I heading home with all the good metal in my van. 5 choice fenders and more plus nos goodies. Pockets are empty though . Good to see old friends Roger, Vince, Gary, mark, and of course ken and Ron Erenhoffer.

Special thanks to my friend Phil Ierardi and all the maffi trustees for the museum work they have done . It is the best!
Larry Shepard
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys40 View Post
Yes I was there too . Tom Wesenberg and I got to say hello and chat . I took in the end of his seminar and it was detailed and great. Thanks Tom!

Swap meet was great. I haven't seen that much A stuff together at one time in a while . Lots of sheet metal. I heading home with all the good metal in my van. 5 choice fenders and more plus nos goodies. Pockets are empty though . Good to see old friends Roger, Vince, Gary, mark, and of course ken and Ron Erenhoffer.

Special thanks to my friend Phil Ierardi and all the maffi trustees for the museum work they have done . It is the best!
Larry Shepard
thanks for the update Larry
what was Toms seminar on?
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #6
burner31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch Cab View Post
I was in Michigan today on business and was able to attend the Gilmore Model A show. The weather was a little iffy but the day turned out great.

The Gilmore is the best museum for old cars that I have ever seen and of course the Model A Museum is another reason to go.

There were a lot of Model A's at the show and it was just a great day.

Thanks to all that participated and to those who made it possible. You did a great job!

Good golly Miss Molly...I've never seen that many Model A's in one place, at one time, wish I could have been there.
burner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #7
Tom Wesenberg

I did a seminar on the distributor/ignition system. And of course I forgot to mention a few things I had intended to. I forgot to mention that Jim Sinclair and Richard were set up right next to the entrance and Richard had NOS point sets for sale. I bought about 6 sets when he first offered them at Oshkosh a few years ago.

I also forgot to mention that when you buy a new distributor shaft and lower shaft, sometimes you may have to use a thin MILL file to make the tang fit. It only takes a few strokes to get a nice fit.

That was a good swap meet, and much better than I expected after all the rain that fell until Saturday morning. And once again I left with regrets of not buying a few parts that I should have. Geezzzz, won't I ever learn.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

I also have never seen that many Model A Fords in one. Location. Also the swap meet was phenomenal especially for NOS parts. Make sure this is on your calendar in the future. The organizers, vendors and the seminar leaders are to be truly commended! You did yourselves proud! Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #9
[email protected]

I also finally made it there this year. It was a great event held at the perfect venue. The Model A Musuem is great even compared to the Cadillac Showroom, Pierce Arrow, and other Marque Museums. Model A folks have really something to be proud of at Gilmore.

Also the SOSS modified vehicle running around there was really neat!! It looked and sounded great. Who would have ever thought to graft a "VW Bug" with a hopped up Model A engine.

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited by [email protected]; 09-22-2015 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added Pixs
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
[email protected]

I understand that Brent Terry is curious about Charley Yapp's SOSS speedster I posted. Who can offer more details on it?
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote