Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #34
P.S.

Default Re: MAFCA Board of Directors Elections

Brent- Yes, I agree. The organization shouldn't try to be everything to everyone. That's a formula for failure. However, I do think they are missing the boat in a couple areas that would make them more relevant. My point was- As I see it, unless you are involved in a few specific activities that form the "Model A hobby", they are almost completely irrelevant. And that is why I asked if I was missing something, because it is certainly possible that I am.

Jeff- Thanks a lot, man! I'm sure amongst this group here, we could come up with LOTS of great ideas that would make MAFCA a relevant, and powerful voice to many more Model A enthusiasts. It's clear from this thread that not everyone sees MAFCA membership as worthwhile. That paints a dim future for the organization if they don't make changes or modernize a little. Simply creating a website is NOT enough "modernization" to count anymore. Organizations (especially national organizations) need to make themselves relevant and their membership needs to hold great value.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote