Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-04-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
mrtexas

Default LebaronBonney miracle

I got a call today my order was being shipped out. Ordered before Christmas and finally getting it. I was stuck since I needed material that matched the rest of my interior. Called many times over the last few months and no answer.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #2
rotorwrench

Default Re: LebaronBonney miracle

It's another recent indication that they (LB) are still kicking. I'm glad to hear you can proceed with your project but I bet you are the real happy guy right now. Some sticking points can drive a guy crazy when you want to finish up a project and your getting close.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #3
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
It's another recent indication that they (LB) are still kicking. I'm glad to hear you can proceed with your project but I bet you are the real happy guy right now. Some sticking points can drive a guy crazy when you want to finish up a project and your getting close.
You bring up a very valid point (in my opinion) about "sticking points".
I tend to inventory an entire vehicle at the onset of a restoration. At that time, I begin the hunt for parts that I will need. More often than not, this has proven to be a much less frustrating way of moving forward.
When I was doing two cars simultaneously or had one scheduled soon, I would often get my hands on parts that I even thought I might need.
I believe anyone that has an expectation of getting anything they need as if Amazon was drop shipping it, needs to adjust their thinking.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #4

I am glad you were able to get your order from LB.
I also order parts and materials at the beginning on each project knowing that some items take a while.
8 months wait so far for my 2 Dr interior and longer for the rest of my Victoria order, coming up on a year.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.
95476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #5
rotorwrench

I do too but I end up with a lot of extra stuff in the end. Oh well, you can never have too many parts for cars you want to keep. Finding all the stuff is half the fun.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:55 PM   #6
Branded

Folks I work part time for that works on Model A Only has had a nightmare with LB over the past several months. They are long time customers of LB but they said they’re done with LB after this last episode.
Branded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
DavidG

I second Mike's comments; with regard to tops and upholstery I usually order them (from LeBaron Bonney) at least two years before I'll be ready to install them (recalling that I am a one-man band when it comes to final assembly). (I realize that that would not work for a professional restoration shop with multiple projects underway simultaneously.)
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #8
Branded

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
I second Mike's comments; with regard to tops and upholstery I usually order them (from LeBaron Bonney) at least two years before I'll be ready to install them (recalling that I am a one-man band when it comes to final assembly). (I realize that that would not work for a professional restoration shop with multiple projects underway simultaneously.)
Issues with LB buy my employer is things not sewn correctly and figment issues. Seems all the older employees of LB have retired or quit. No one knows what’s what. Feel sorry for the girls answering the phones when and if someone answers them. I think they choose not to answer the phones because they know it’s going to be another unhappy costumer.
Branded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:00 AM   #9
Kube

I must be an exception as I have been very pleased with the service I've been getting from LB.
I do miss Wendie and the professionalism she added to their business but it seems as though they (LB) have been making great strides to "right the ship".
Old 03-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #10
deeprock

I ordered a complete interior from them on 4-11-18, still waiting for the carpet...
deeprock is offline   Reply With Quote