Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-22-2023, 02:35 PM   #1
Jeff M

Default Bumper supports

I need to remove the body on my '30 coupe. My car was converted to a rumble seat, I can’t see the bolts for the rear bumper supports that mount to the body. Do I just unbolt the bottom bolt that squeezes the mount to the frame bracket instead?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8A729E76-A7D9-431A-AB3F-9A27876609B3.jpg (50.0 KB, 70 views)
Jeff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: Bumper supports

Everything can be reached from below. The body has nothing to do with it, except for the top of the bracket in your picture. There are two 5/16" bolts (1/2" head and nut) on each side that secures the bumper bracket standoff to the body that are reachable from the top of the body rear crossmember (where a rear spare tire bracket is or would be attached. BTW, there are three more bolts on each bumper bracket further inside attached to the frame that need to be removed if you want to remove the bumper brackets/arms. Another BTW; there is suppose to be a rivet that secures the bracket in your picture to the bumper bracket arm, not a bolt like in your picture, if you want to make it look correct from the factory.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 11:09 PM   #3
ursus

Default Re: Bumper supports

Check out the mounting of your spare tire mount if you have one on the rear. I recall that it connects via the body to a bracket that mounts to the seat riser sheet metal and may need to be disconnected at that point before removing the body.
ursus is offline   Reply With Quote