Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #281
yachtsmanbill

Default Re: Jetzt, da der Staub gelegt hat, seine Zeit bei der Arbeit

Them brackets are some tuff COCONUTS!!! ws

even busted a drill bit on them!
yachtsmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #282
[email protected]

How in the heck could that have happened? Maybe you shouldn't buy your drill bits in the grocery aisle at Walmart.

Went out to the Zinken Ranch today and went after it again. I really like working out there but today I remember why after breaking my back and losing most of the feeling in my feet I retired. I can't believe Andy and Roger were able to put up with me today. The farther the day progressed the bitchier I got. They finally went in for supper and I packed up. I couldn't stand the thought of inflicting my lousy attitude on them any longer. But they really are great guys and I really appreciate them letting me work on my transmission down there and though the bead blaster literally destroyed me I still enjoyed myself. If there was any complaint at all it was that the bead blaster was very low on media and I kept having to bump it with my knees to knock the crap down into the sump so it would siphon up into the gun. I'm pretty sure the black and blue will go away soon and the next time I'll bring 100 lbs of glass beads with me. Ok and truth be told I didn't feel comfortable asking about dumping the full bag of media that was sitting by my feet into the machine. I guess I felt better destroying my legs and risking not being able to walk this week than using up Rogers media. Note to self: next time don't be stupid and ask the questions and don't inflict your pissy attitude on the next guy. Christ you act like a little bi__h. OK so I've beat myself up enough. Now it's everyone else's turn to rag on me and then it's done and we'll all move on.

I hope you guys don't get disgusted with me beating myself up. Holy crap you talk about a slip of the tongue I almost said; I hope you guys get disgusted with me abusing myself... I'm getting disgusted and I'm the one who enjoys it.

One thing I really enjoyed for a couple days was being with their family at meal times. It seemed really strange to sit with a table full of people and listen to their conversation. It made the food that much more flavorful.

So I'm ready to start assembling the transmission and magneto. All of that will be fun too. However I still have to put the rear main bearing in before I mount the transmission back onto the engine. I also have to go back to Roger and Andy's shop again and put my oil pan on their straightening fixture. It was mounted on there for a little while today but I took it off before I left. So i guess the final result means I've got to sit down and put a list and a schedule of activities that need to be done in order to put the old beast back on the road.

I just hope Andy and Roger can maintain enough patience to help get me through it. And once it's up and running I've got to fix my top bows and get them on and mount my brand new Clastique top. Whoa!! I'm going to be profiling in style. Everyone else will fall in behind me because they'll know that top puts me way out in front of everyone else. Whoa!!

So this week has to be spent putting a new toilet seat on in the one bathroom and fixing my entry door. Then clean out the garage and pray the heater is repaired and working by meeting time next Saturday. If the heater isn't working the repair guy said he'd have some heaters I can use. I think I'm going to put a plywood sheet on top of a couple sawhorses in the middle of the floor and see if I can present a project to the group that will involve putting the magnets on my flywheel.

So to summarize; I gotta lotta work to do and...

Hey Fast Willy, If you and PPat want to come to my house next Saturday for our garage meeting you're way more than welcome. Especially if PPat will bring some tater salad. And I've even got a spare bedroom with a queen size bed that you can sleep on for the price of... ok no charge. Except the tater salad.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #283
fordman67

Dang Mike.i wish i had buddies like u got,heck i can barely get em over to help lift the body of the frame and onto the horse.but then again only 2to of them have any appreciation fot my T.the rest just think im eccentric already...

Went to the louisville swap meet yesterday.Sheesh,so much stuff.Not many T parts lots of small block chebby parts....what a waste of steel and alluminum.Needles to say,i spend zero other than a hot dog and coke (7.25)....ouch.
bummer!
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #284
[email protected]

Hey Aaron, it's easy to lose track of who your friends are when your too focused on yourself. (I'm talking about me now). Our club here is full of some really great people. Of course other than Andy, Eric and myself the rest of them are old. Haha! Ok maybe at 62 I'm getting close to "old" too. Every one in the club has a uniqueness that's set's them apart and yet they all have a common love for their Model T's. And one thing I really like about the club is all the different models and styles you get to see. I guess if you've got a chance, join a local club. And in this case I'm talking to everyone who might read this.
Let's go.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #285
yachtsmanbill

Does membership in "absentia" count?? We've already got the VBC... thats the Vulgar Boat Club... coined after the Glenn Miller tune Volga Boatmen... our motto... "If nudity or adult behaviour offends you, stay away..." I am the Commodore and Pats the X-O...

Me thinkst the local chapter of the Model T club here (with two members not withstanding) will be called the "Rod Knockers". Membership includes a license plate topper. ws

Club burgee, designed by yours truly, in Wermacht Field Marshall dress colors
Old 03-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #286
yachtsmanbill

Spring sprang for about 3 hours today and it was nice in the sun, but we were in the shade. Went to retards at 0800 this morning to get some lumber, then got home, moved the jalopy outside so I could rip the stuff into stock on the table saw. Need material for about 2 days worth of work... big rain event coming in this way tomorrow.
Played with some shell framing while in the sun... sure felt good to make some Vitamin D for a change! ws

Attitude is everything! The stance looks proppa. I didnt realize how much lower she sits than stock until I stood back for a peek! Its hard to see it in the shop, but I know the measurin' stick didnt lie!

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 03-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #287
yachtsmanbill

Doing all the wood work with pressure treated so theres no more rot! Ive had good luck with this stuff on the boats etc. The exspurts say you cant paint it but I beg to differ... the boat stuff is 10+ years old and not even an indication of peeling... I guess Im too darn iggernant to lissen. ws

Look closely at the trailing edge of the cowl. The bottom runs the 14" Innes dimension, and the top leans forward to about 10". I think (and Pat concurs) that this is gonna look good, and ease entry a bit as well from both sides. Its starting to feel like working on a boat again! Two tools you dont use on a boat is a square and a level...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #288
yachtsmanbill

Due to the structural lack of integrity of cardboard, I traced out the finished product onto a piece of plywood, then began cutting out the inside of the template... Its a little here and a little there. Probably gonna bend the hand brake inboard a tad more too. ws

This is merely gonna be a doubled frame. I have a nice piece of Afromosia plywood left over from the Hatteras for a spiffy dash board... with a temp gage and a lousy VOLTMETER, just to piss off the purists!!! HAHAHAHA ! Plus a button driven solenoid for the starter (to be) instead of that barbaric floor switch!

Nice tiger stripe plywood eh??
Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #289
[email protected]

Can I have your old starter switch for my '26? The one that's on there now is just floppy. Weather was really great today. Had to take it easy though. My ankle looks like someone put a grapefruit in it. My dog is limping on her left front leg (she had lymes a couple years ago and I think it's still a problem) I'm limping on my right hind leg. So now we have to lean against each other to keep from walking in circles. Hahaha.

Suppose to rain here tonight and I've got a whole bunch of sand blasted transmission parts sitting outside in the back of my truck. So I better get out there and move it into the garage. Get back to you later.
Let's go.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #290
yachtsmanbill

Its yours, if I only had one! Mines like an old Chevy Nova... except this one was starter not radio delete... ws

I just cant wait to TRY and start this one! Had to use my truck to drag it outa the shop today! Still need to adjust rear brakes.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #291
yachtsmanbill

Bozo's circus is OFF THE AIR... kinda wierd. Must be the solar flares on Uranus! ws

MTFCA...

http://www.mtfca.com/
Old 03-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #292
fordman67

BOY that lack of starter and generator are the way t's were meant to be! real men just hand crank the ol gal!....when you find one,send him my way I need to go somewhere! HAHA that mtfca is just not my cup of T ! HAHA I crack myselt up !
Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #293
yachtsmanbill

The circus is back on, and all the moms recieve complimentary NuMode hosiery with the no bind top...

Big plans went awry today... we had a ruff nite last nite. Both a little under the weather... Tried getting the hood to sit square against the shell. The firewall mounting brackets must be tweeked or something. As it turns out I hafta put a 1/4" shim under the drivers side to make everything square up.
So before its all cast in stone, I figgered its time for the cowl lacing, which of course meant the shell had to come back off, AGAIN. Got that finished, then pulled the firewall and gave it a liberal dose of fiberglass resin. I need the routered edge to firm up so when its painted itll look like a rolled steel edge... its all done with mirrors... Got the hood former painted and will lace that as well before it goes on. ws

Headlites showed up today !!! Look good. Theres one brass and one steel ring. Buckets will be yeller and the rings probably black along with the lamp mount hardware...

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 03-12-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #294
yachtsmanbill

YUP... the first time will probably be on the rope starter... 20 feet of rope behind my truck LOL... Ill crack us both up ! ws
Old 03-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #295
[email protected]

You're having way to much fun. Hey, that Model T thing
Is starting to look pretty good. Oops gotta, sgabetty's done.
Let's go.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #296
yachtsmanbill

Yeah... Italian SOZZAGE wid noodles. Que kahzu fa! ws
Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #297
[email protected]

So here's a question fer ya. I made a big bunch of extra Busgetti noodles last night and I'm not sure what to do wit dem. I know I cude make a big bunch of sauce again but I wude like to do sumptin difrent. I've got lots of grosrys in da cubberd and da grosry stohr is jus down da rode. So let me no whut resipies you wude happin to hav.

Went out today and looked the '26 tudor over. Just decided to hit the starter button and by gosh the battery has still got a charge. As nice as the weathers been I'm tempted to out and start it and take it around the block. I'm really getting excited to get my touring done so I can start on the sedan. It's going to need some work but I'll do it a piece at a time. I think my biggest challenge is going to get the rear window regulators to work so they can go up and down. Cause when it comes time to drive Poncho and Lacey around they're for sure going to need to hang there heads out the window. I'd also like to know if anyone has ever bought the upholstery kits for a sedan and put them in. I want to redo the seats in my sedan this summer and hoping it's easy enough to where even a man with a rather limited IQ can still get it done. I think anything else that needs to be done I've already done on my touring car. Also Does anyone know if they make replica Thompson Machine (Tommy) Guns. I'd like to have one to throw in the back seat of the sedan as an attention getter. Also one of the old style night sticks. I think owning a blackjack might get me in trouble.
Let's go.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #298
yachtsmanbill

Noodles aint my forte' but Ppat will chime in here in just a minute... meanwhile... ws

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200726275410

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230757405657

Course if yer feelin like Ronnie & Clod...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-A-R-US-Arm...item5892adeae2

Ive got my old mans nite stick, but thatll cost you!

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 03-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #299
ppat324

Yo Mikey....try adding crabmeat, shrimp, and if ya's gots, lobster. Make a nice cream sauce to mix it all up. If ya need the actual recipe I will try to look it up for ya.

Or pasta salad with broccoli or peas and cream of chicken soup. Serve warm or cold.

Or make a soup and throw the noodles in with the soup....ppat

Here is the recipe for Crab, shrimp and lobster Newburg...enjoy.

4 oz. frozen, peeled, cooked shrimp
2 tbls. margarine or butter
2 tbls. AP flour
1/4 tsp. salt
dash ground red pepper
1 3/4 C. milk
1 egg yolk, beaten
1 6-7 oz. can crabmeat, drained flaked and cartilage removed, or 7 oz. cooked crabmeat
3 oz. cooked lobster, cut into bite size pieces
3 tbls. Madiera or dry sherry
4 baked patty shells or 2 cups hot cooked rice or pasta
Fresh sage (optional)

Thaw shrimp, if frozen, set aside

In a medium saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in flour, salt, and red pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.

Stir about half of the hot mixture into the egg yolk. return all of the egg mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir just until mixture bubbles. reduce heat , cook and stir 2 minutes more.

Stir in shrimp, crabmeat, lobster and Madeira or dry sherry; heat through. Spoon into patty shells or serve over hot rice or pasta, if desired. Garnish with sage.

Makes 4 servings.
ppat324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #300
fordman67

Dang,im gonna show that to ma wife! It looks tasty!....but i dont miss many meals!