Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2020, 09:43 PM   #1
The 39 Guy

Default 2020 East West Flathead Reliability Run to Monitor WA

It's time to put out some notification of this years East West Reliability Run for 2020. It will be held at the Monitor Hot Rod Cafe( Monitor Washington just north of Wenatchee Washington)
on September 19 2020. I usually only post this on the HAMB but there are probably more flathead guys on the Ford Barn so I thought I would give it a try this year.

This is the run that was originally started by The Inland Emperors of the Spokane Washington area.The challenge was and still is to see if the West side of the Cascade mountains Seattle area or East side ( Spokane WA western Idaho) bring the most cars. Bill makes a long distance trophy for this event also.

The Inland Emperors used vantage Washington as a meeting site for the run for several years before moving to the event to the Hot Rod Cafe in Monitor. The Inland Emperors have moved on to other interests and responsibilities but Bill Cordell known as Rusty Bill on the HAMB has been helping to continue the run for four years now.

Most of us have had a lot fewer opportunities to drive our cars this year and are ready for a good excuse to put some miles on the old flat head. I think the covid risk is pretty low for an event of this type. The Cafe's grass field is large enough to spread out and allow for safe distancing. Bring your mask and visit for awhile. I have attended several gathering there this summer. You can call your order into the restaurant or go inside to order. The staff then brings your food order out to you.

So if you want to get your Flathead powered car out for a run please put this event on your calendar.
You must arrive by noon to be counted in the challenge to see which side of the mountains wins this year.

If you can't bring your flathead powered car there is usually room to park your Hot Rod on the grass by the orchard to the South of the main Flathead gathering.

Go to the address below for info on the run location.

https://www.facebook.com/MonitorHotRodCafe/

rusty bill is your contact guy. Bill Cordell 509 782-2289 Bill won't be able to attend this year but is a good contact for area information.I am also available for info on the run @ 509 679 3501or [email protected].

The 39 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote