Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Licensed to kill

Default Managing overspray

So, I do a bit of painting in my shop and overspray is always a problem. I can cover cars an such but it's not practical to try to cover the entire shop so, subsequently, I have some overspray on pretty much everything. The vast majority of it is of no real consequence as it is extremely light and not a big issue on things like my lift and sand blasting cabinet for instance. Still, it's annoying. A buddy of mine was showing me his solution and it works like a hotdamn. His shop is half the size of mine and is exceptionally clean and he has been doing small painting projects in there for years and there is NO overspray on anything. What he does is he bought a 36" drum fan and covers it with quilting from the fabric store. Sets the fan a few feet away from what he is painting and the fan pulls the overspray into the quilting where it is captured. I just painted an engine and you can see the amount of overspray that was captured that otherwise would have been floating all over the shop. I'm sure others have come up with idea as well so might not be a revelation to everyone but for those that haven't, it seems to work great. Here is after paining one engine, two coats.
[IMG][/IMG]
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote