Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
fordified

Default Packing rear wheel bearings

Hi everybody, my name is Kyle and I got my Model A a couple years ago. Right now I am working on wrapping up my biggest project with the car, and that is rebuilding the transmission, rear end, and rear brakes. I have been sitting in the back of "Ford Barn" class for a couple years now and going to the "Ford Barn Library" all the time to learn a mountain of information....thank you, thank you all.
Well, it is time to ask the "Professors" a question because I have exhausted all my resources. I am now getting ready to reinstall the rear end and rear brakes if it ever warms up enough to go outside, (no garage yet in Michigan). My questions is, after cleaning the rear wheel bearings I cannot figure out how to grease them so that I get grease between the "rollers" and the "pins" that hold the assembly together. It is easy to get grease around the rollers but not inside them. Am I over thinking this, will the grease flow in there while driving? I just do not see how to force the grease in there with out some type of pressure.
Again thanks in advance for any help, and all the wealth of information I have learned on this great forum.

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody,
Kyle Robertson
Holt, Michigan
fordified is offline   Reply With Quote