Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
Lona

Default Re: Met a Ford worker

We all talk about being sorry we did not interview our elders about the old times but what are you doing to prevent the same thing from happening? I spent two years working on family genealogy but in the end, realized I knew nothing about the personal lives of these people, just birth and death dates. I vowed to write a history of my life to as far back as I could remember. Five years and 95,000 words later, I presented the write up to my kids with no expectations they would be interested in reading it. The intention was to have enough copies lying around in their various households so that one might somehow be preserved for future generations. How marvelous it would have been to have had such a history when doing genealogy work on my own family ancestors.
Your kids and grandchildren will not talk to you about your youth just as you did not talk to your elders. It is up to you to make this happen either by taking the initiative to talk to them or to get your story down in writing yourself........Glen
'36 Auburn Boattail Speedster replica
Lona is offline   Reply With Quote