Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #1
bobl

Default 30-31 Subframe

City: Walton
State: New York
Price: ???

I am willing to pay a reasonable price for some information. I have the outer subframe rails but do not know the length of the cross channels ( it seems to be the best kept secret about a model A ). I hope I didn't drive the price up with that last statement. The measure from the rivet head of one side rail to the rivet head of the other side rail for all three cross members would be best. Price to be determined before measurements. These measurements need to be from a 30-31. I had a 28-29 subframe and it does fit the 30-31 coupe body.

Thank You,
Bob (607) 865-2222
bobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
bobl

Thumbs up Re: 30-31 Subframe

Well, Ray from Michigan is the GRAND PRIZE winner. I'm going to put the measurements down here so if someone does a search maybe this will show up and save them the 100+ hours of searching that I've done (really I just could not find them).

Starting at the cowl and going towards the back; the rivets for the measures are the ones on the inside ridge that is about 3/4 of an inch below the highest surface of the subrail, not the ones on the lowest flange. The first cross channel has two rivets 3" apart. The first rivets are 31 3/4" center to center. The second ones are 32 1/2" apart. The middle cross channel is 36 1/8" center of rivet to center of rivet. The rear cross channel has two rivets but these are in line with the cross channel. The inside rivets of this set are 36 1/4" apart (that makes the outside ones 38 3/4" apart).

That's it. That is the biggie. And again, an extreme amount of thanks to Ray.

Bob
bobl is offline   Reply With Quote