Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2024, 03:42 PM   #1
Blindhuckster

Default 37 Deluxe Coupe with a 11" clutch?

So, from a recent previous post you may know that I pulled my 21-stud engine and transmission from my 37 Coupe. I did this to reseal both and resurface the flywheel and replace the clutch and pressure plate. Ring gear was worn so I order a new one and had that replaced when the flywheel was resurfaced. The issue is that the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate are an 11" setup, which I now see is for a truck. (My first flathead) I know that engine was rebuilt at some point, as the crank is stamped .020 under. The transmission S/N does not match the frame S/N just FYI. After I bought the car, I did the normal maintenance items and had Skip rebuild the coil and Michael at Third Gen rework the distributor, and the engine runs great and has good acceleration even having a couple slightly lower compression reading cylinders. Also has a Columbia rear end and this thing moves along nicely at highway speeds. Should I just go back with the 11"? Or attempt to locate a flywheel for the 9" setup. After a quick search, that may be a challenge. Nate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9035.jpg (56.8 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0985.jpg (45.0 KB, 231 views)
Blindhuckster is offline   Reply With Quote