Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
tswenson

Default 1929 Blin Back Sedan Side Window Removal???

Hello,

Anybody have a clue how to get the side glass out of a 29 Ford blind back sedan? You can see the outside window wipe that has the screws falling out. I need to get at it to re-fasten the wiper but the glass is in the way. I have stripped the door out to the max, short of removing the top of the window frame. The glass is captive in the fuzzy channel. On the outside edge of the door, the fuzzy channel & track are nailed to the wood from the inside of the channel. On the hinge side, the channel is attached to metal that is welded to the door frame and the “L” bend at the bottom prevents me from dropping the glass down enough for clearance. The metal top of the door frame is nailed down to obvious wood. The nail heads are completely sealed over in paint. If this is how the window went in, they must have inserted the windows prior to painting over it. Obviously, the glass & rubber were replaced during the 98 restoration (it took 1st in the 1998 Model A Nationals & just took 1st again @ the Billings, MT "all original" car show on 7/31/10) but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how they got the glass in unless they did it (from the top) prior to paint?

Please email me for pics @ [email protected]. I'm primarily into Willys but my Dad gave me this beautiful 29 Ford & I need some help... foreign soil for me! This is 1 of the 73 “Blind Back” bodies that Briggs built for Ford in 1929.

Thanks for any help,
Todd Swenson
tswenson is offline   Reply With Quote