Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
motoaggie

Default First Restore - Interior Dimension question

I am 33 years old. This is my first post and my first restoration. I have a 1929 Ford Fordor Sedan. 4 door. I am trying to put a new floor in and having trouble making sure everything is square. Does anyone have interior dimensions? Maybe from door post to door post at the bottom, from firewall to back? Anything would be helpful.
motoaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
rdscouple

Default Re: First Restore - Interior Dimension question

If you're talking about the front floorboards, those dimensions are published in many of the restoration books or you can buy finished floorboards from any parts vendor. The rear metal floors are also available from parts vendors. Please continue to post your questions. Most if us old guys have lots of Model A information that we love to share.
rdscouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
motoaggie

Default Re: First Restore - Interior Dimension question

it is a briggs 165B. I currently have no floor in the car at all. I am trying to put a subrails, cross rails, and then I can drop the new floorboards in. My issue is the front is front half is kicked out a little too far. the rear quarters (the fender wells) are pushed out and the door posts are hanging lose. I am trying to figure out how far in I need the front to come in and where the door posts need to sit to make sure I have the right angle.

basically trying to get everything square again. I uploaded a couple photos if that helps.

I really appreciate everyone's help and advice. I dream about getting this car on the road someday.
motoaggie is offline   Reply With Quote