Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2022, 12:52 PM   #1
101Scout

Default Advice needed for buying my roadster

Hey everyone!

Firstly, I apologize for asking newbie questions that have probably been asked too many times before. If there is a thread for this please point me in that direction.

I'm looking to purchase a Model A roadster, hopefully sometime this year. I'm fairly new to Model A's though I've been into cars and bikes my whole life. I'd like to get into a cool original(ish) A roadster. I really like the 28/29 body style but the 30/31 is pretty cool too and I've been told they are better than the earlier A's. So I'm wondering what I should look out for? What's a good price?

I'm currently looking at a few online. One is a 28 Canadian AR roadster that is complete, original and driveable. It looks pretty sweet and the asking price is $12k. It would have to be shipped to me.

Another one I like is a 29 roadster, all original driver asking $14k. Apparently good mechanical condition and titled. Also would need to be shipped.

There is a 31 project nearby which apparently runs and is complete but described as a jalopy and no title. I would have to go see it to assess the actual condition. Asking $12.5k.

Any pointers or critiques would be very welcome. Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Dave
101Scout is offline   Reply With Quote