Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #21
TJ

Default Re: More reproduction cr-p

Mike51Merc, well said. The product(s) should have been returned to the actual seller and ask for a refund. Those product(s) should have been compared to others in the same box to determine they were all the same, not something that was put in the wrong box. The retailer should then deal with the supplier if the product was misrepresented/defective. This reflects on the retailer's business. The retailers should combine resources and complain to the supplier. If enough complain and refuse to carry the supplier's product things will change.
It's interesting to me why a person would complain about a supplier's products on many prior occasions , then purchase that supplier's product's again, only to make another complaint. Common sense would tell me to move on to another supplier and not look back. JMHO
Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #22
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Mike51Merc, well said. The product(s) should have been returned to the actual seller and ask for a refund. Those product(s) should have been compared to others in the same box to determine they were all the same, not something that was put in the wrong box. The retailer should then deal with the supplier if the product was misrepresented/defective. This reflects on the retailer's business. The retailers should combine resources and complain to the supplier. If enough complain and refuse to carry the supplier's product things will change.
It's interesting to me why a person would complain about a supplier's products on many prior occasions , then purchase that supplier's product's again, only to make another complaint. Common sense would tell me to move on to another supplier and not look back. JMHO
Hi TJ, With all due respect, you did not completely understand my posts. I have not bought a thing form Bob in years. Some of this stuff, as is the most recent case, was given to me by a client.

I agree with you that if enough folks complained something might get done. It is too bad most folks are seemingly okay with being sold less than what they bargained for. A certain (sad) sign of our current society.
Maybe I am "old school" but when I get something, I expect it to be what it was advertised to be.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #23
Mike51Merc

It's not whether you should complain. It's how.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #24
jerseyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike51Merc View Post
It's not whether you should complain. It's how.
Kube, I understand your point, it's about principle! I also agree with Mike, It is how you are choosing to complain that is not helpful.

Keep V-8ing and 4-banging!
Hooked up on it now.
I tried to hook another
To see if I'd do a little good,
But ain't no place to put it
'Less I perforate the hood.

Wanted, lower side sections of 32 radiator cowl.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Kube

[QUOTE=jerseyboy;443383]Kube, I understand your point, it's about principle! I also agree with Mike, It is how you are choosing to complain that is not helpful.

I must admit that in one of my posts, my use of certain terms was perhaps not called for. I was angry when writing and should know better. To that end, I apologize.
Also, perhaps something I should have mentioned in the midst of this diatribe is the fact that on numerous occasions in the past, I have attempted to deal with that company directly and quite politely.
There is (quite obvious to those that have had the tenacity to complain) a pattern that continues to reemerge. that being "gee, this is the first time we've... ".
The times I've seen things actually get "fixed" are the water pump debacle (after MANY folks publicly complained) and that catalog fiasco, where the money was taken but no catalogs delivered. There too, not until a lot of folks publicly complained did the fella make things right.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
sonny

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I have also recieved the "Gee, we have never had that problem before" but it was from Mac's. It's "buyer beware". They said I could return it, but I had to pay shipping. The shipping would have cost me as much as the part. So it sits on the shelf.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #27
ford38v8

So, Mike, just how did Bob make the catalogue thing right? I asked him about it at a meet a couple or three years after I gave up on getting any pages for the binder, and it was like "Oh, yeah, we're going to send out discount coupons". That doesn't fit my definition of "making it right".
Old 06-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #28
37 Coupe

I am with Kubarth,call a spade a spade. Why sugar coat it. I give praise where praise is due,like I have posted Drakes rubber seals for 37 was better than Carpenter's,but he is not a "Sacred Cow". I also feel he owes me for the catalog fiasco, I got the $50.coupon after my last project was done and had it rejected on next one. Hopefully I am done with him and Carpenter and especially Vintique.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
Mike51Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
So, Mike, just how did Bob make the catalogue thing right? I asked him about it at a meet a couple or three years after I gave up on getting any pages for the binder, and it was like "Oh, yeah, we're going to send out discount coupons". That doesn't fit my definition of "making it right".
Are you referring to me?
I'm not talking about any catalogue or issue. I'm suggesting a better way to seek a resolution instead of just ranting about it. Firstly, you don't open a thread with a title like this one and expect to get Bob's attention. Does Bob read every thread?
Secondly you don't boil over like a tea kettle and expect people to listen, understand, be pursuaded, and lend sympathy and support. Stick to the facts and tell your side.

Given the right tactics, a forum like this can put a lot of pressure on a vendor or member if it's properly done.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #30
Fe26

Or even if it's not properly done.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #31
ford38v8

Mike51Merc, No, I was addressing Mike Kubarth, and I did address Bob in person, and got the response I posted. I did not, however recieve his promised coupon and considered further contact to be spitting into the wind.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #32
TagMan

The only thing to do, if you don't think the quality is in a Vendor's product, is to make the part yourself - simple!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
The only thing to do, if you don't think the quality is in a Vendor's product, is to make the part yourself - simple!
As a retired tool & die maker I do make many items myself. Most of the items are simple to make.
And guess what? They fit and function as they are intended to.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
hope

Tag man!
In my opinion you are way out of line, how can you make some of these parts on your own.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #35
al pa.

I wonder if Bob has ever considered quality control inspection of the parts being recieved from the offshore manufacturers.Simple fixtures would be the easiest way to verify fit.I'd gamble that the retailer has enough credit to own a coordinate measuring machine,which would insure precision dimensions,on his parts.Aside from posting on this site,I'm sure there's an agency that could evaluate the business practices.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
TonyM

I ordered the wrong two pieces from Drake on Monday. The stuff just got here. I figured it out a couple days ago but by then the pieces were on their way. Called Drake's and they said wait til the stuff gets there and then call back. I have ordered from Drake several times--haven't had a problem and the service was good. I hope all goes good on this return.

TonyM.

Note: Karen and Jerry at Drakes helped me with my return. So far so good.

Last edited by TonyM; 06-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #37
al pa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post
Tag man!
In my opinion you are way out of line, how can you make some of these parts on your own.
There are barners,who have tools at home,and machining experience,to produce parts for their projects.I make some of my own parts,and my resources are a bench grinder,small drill press,sawzall,110 v mig,and basic power tools.None of this is original restoration quality.I'm sure that Tag Man didn't intend to infer that he has a home foundry,and can produce engine blocks,or water pumps,or wheel cylinders.People can be very creative with basic machining,and fabricating skills.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #38
dude

Is it about time we all just go fishing ????
Old 06-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #39
Pete

Close enough is dead on.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
al pa.

Searching the posts on fordbarn,for opinions on customer satisfaction,would be helpfull BEFORE ordering.
Closed Thread