Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-11-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
russcc

Default Photo management for Fordbarn

I can spin wrench, but computers ?. I had windows 7 on the computer that I had to upgrade to windows 10. In the old system I could download pictures from the digital camera in to a Fordbarn folder, and when I wanted to post one I opened that folder and inserted it in a post. It was a very simple process. How can I duplicate that process with Windows 10? I trust this is not to far off topic and might be helpful for other members.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #2
Mart

Default Re: Photo management for Fordbarn

On my windows 10 computer I have a folder called pictures and all images go there. It is quite simple to create folders just as you did before.
If you have a pictures folder try creating a fordbarn folder as a sub folder to that. It should be easy to find then.

File manager works exactly as it did on w7.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:46 PM   #3
rockfla

The process shouldn't have changed for you from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

You still should be able to download your photos from your camera to the same file as before.....THE issue you "may" be having is the "SIZE" of the photo file. You need to make sure that the file size is below 1 gig. You sometime can resize OR choose a smaller size within your camera OR you can resize your photos in "some" of the desk top publisher programs.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #4
Zeke3

I use the "Photos" app on Windows 10 to import photos from my phone and resize them. I resize them individually after importing them. I select the medium size for e-mails and the pictures always seem to come out under the maximum allowed size. I have all the photos filed in the "Pictures" folder.
Zeke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #5
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
The process shouldn't have changed for you from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

You still should be able to download your photos from your camera to the same file as before.....THE issue you "may" be having is the "SIZE" of the photo file. You need to make sure that the file size is below 1 gig. You sometime can resize OR choose a smaller size within your camera OR you can resize your photos in "some" of the desk top publisher programs.
Yup, should be no differences. Continue to use that PAPER CLIP icon to load pics from your comuter.

As far as pictures being TOO large, I always try e-mailing the picture to myself, and I don't believe I have ever encountered one that didn't end-up properly sized to post herein. Keep us abreast of your progress. I'll try to help any way that I can. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:15 PM   #6
russcc

Thank you all. I did find a path to download pictures from the digital camera, and setup a Fordbarn folder. I am a little clumsy with it so far, but when I remember the sequence of events it should work out ok. Sure took a long, long time to adapt to what was a very simple, straight forward process on W7.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 06:50 PM   #7
fredeuce

When attaching pictures to posts on Fordbarn I always resize the picture by using Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

Simply find the picture you want. Highlight it and then do a right click and a menu opens up. Select "Open with",then select Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

When the picture opens up on the screen you will see on the top in the middle of the screen a menu and an option " Edit Pictures".

Left click on that and a further menu opens up on the right side of the screen. At the bottom of that menu select "compress pictures". That opens a further menu and select "web pages". Press the "OK" button .

That resizes it . Now you have to save the modified image. Simply do that by going to the menu on top left of screen. Left click on "File" . A drop down menu appears. I select "Save As" .

Where it says "File name" the original file name/number appears. I add -1 to the original description to denote that it is a modified version of the original. Then save it.

Then, when you go to close the Picture Manager program it will ask you to save changes. Do not save the changes , That way your original image remains intact, unmodified and you now have a new compressed image as well .

The compressed image suits the upload limits on Fordbarn and you are ready to upload the image.

I hope this works for you.
fredeuce is offline   Reply With Quote