Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Don

Default bradley floor pans

finally got my 36 floor pans today, about a 2 yr wait.im out of the mood now, don p
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
oldredford

Default Re: bradley floor pans

Your lucky! I paid for mine 2 years ago and still have not received them. I went with Bob Drake. Over all a better deal.
oldredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Cecil/WV

I got my pan for my '50 Ford on Friday. I talked to Paul in Charlotte in June and sent him an email on last Wed. eve as a reminder. He called me Thurs. morning and I had the pan on Friday eve and it is NICE!!
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
Bruce/CT

Default Paul bradleys e-mail

Hi Cecil,
I am waiting for the '36 Floor pans I paid for also. Please send me his e-mail. Maybe I can move the process along with a reminder.
Thanks,
Bruce
[email protected]
Bruce/CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Cecil/WV

I sent you an email..
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
42coupe

I have heard that Paul Bradley's pans were as perfect as Henry Ford's in every detail. Is that true, and how do Bob Drake's pans compare?
Thanks,
Daran from PA
42coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
Lawson Cox

I don't know about Drake's, but Paul's are perfect. Best on the market. Paul is much nicer to deal with than Drake too. I just wish Paul were a little faster on delivery, but his stuff is well worth the wait. My 2¢
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
Don

If you havent recieved them in a timely manner,just keep calling ,hes nice enough to talk to ,and give him a sad story of some kind,just like he gives you. Dp
Old 12-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
I don't know about Drake's, but Paul's are perfect. Best on the market. Paul is much nicer to deal with than Drake too. I just wish Paul were a little faster on delivery, but his stuff is well worth the wait. My 2¢
Paul is a wonderful human being. His products are second to none. His delivery? Well, you guys know. If you can wait, then wait.
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #10
roadster36
BANNED

I know what you mean. It's been many many months since I ordered as well. I paid up front and specifcially asked if he had the part. He said yes. As of today I don't have the part. This is the third time this year I have been taken advantage of by a parts vendor or a buyer. I don't know if it's the economy or just a string of bad luck. It used to be that people on here were honest and trustworthy. Several times in the past I have sent people parts for no charge and paid for shipping because they could use the parts I no longer needed. This time in the process of clearing out my excess parts ( I am not a dealer) I sent parts out to several repeat customers (large parts) and this time I was not paid or only partially paid. I am out the parts and the price of the shipping. I have purchased many items from Paul Bradley over the years. This is the crowning blow. 99.9 % of the car folks are super people, it's the minority that ruin it. I am done.
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #11
Marv

Smile Re: bradley floor pans

Sometime in the late 70's or early 80's i ordered front floorboards for my 39 Ford Standard from a dealer which sold Bob Drake products. When they came they had a different stamping and would not match the car floor. I called the dealer , who called Bob and was told to send the new floorboards back to the dealer and i would get my money back, and remove my floorbopards and send to Bob and he would use my floorboards for patterns to make new ones for me at no charge. He done just as he said and shipped me perfect floorboards at no charge, even for the shipping. A good man as far as i am concerned. Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 AM   #12
barryfromvictoria

a 2 year wait for patch panels. gee paul bradley must be a great guy with a great product. you guys have more patience than me. some guys on this site would lynch drake if they had to wait 2 weeks after they paid for something let alone 2yrs. something wrong with this picture.
barryfromvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #13
Zeke...PA

He really needs to take the time to clean up his B/O list. I'm also waiting. Zeke
Old 08-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #14
NYfatboy

Yes, I'm patient-ordered & paid July 2008-still waiting-hope to get them someday
Old 08-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
ford38v8

Paul discourages new orders, but everyone insists. He tells poeple that he has a really big backlog, and they pay up front in hope of speeding things along. He's been advising of his backlog for a lot of years now, and nobody believes him.

So if anyone feels the need to get all huffy, who do you want to get huffy with, Paul or your bathroom mirror?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
roadster36
BANNED

Well, I guess you didn't read my post all the way through. I specifically asked if he had the item requested in stock and he stated "yes, with or without the battery box? ". At no time did he say he say he was backordered or that the order would be delayed.He stated he had the part and explained how it would be shipped. Payment was made upon that representation. If he told me that it the process would be this draen out I would have made other arrangments. Your statement is pure conjecture, since you were not part of the conversation. Paul Bradley provides quality parts. It is the promptness of the delivery that is in question. Every business in the USA should have the same "problem" as Mr.Bradley. Perhaps it is you who should look in the mirror.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
ford38v8

Roadster, you're getting huffy with me? I don't have the problem, you do. You don't fix it by mouthing off here, you deal with Paul or you take him to court if you feel you have a case.

Pure conjecture? I've been present and heard Paul tell guys about his back order, and yes, all he can do is shrug and take the order. No, I didn't hear your conversation with Paul, but then I know there's always two versions of every story.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 PM   #18
roadster36
BANNED

So then you admit you know nothing of my transaction yet you contend the problem is on my end. I see logic is not your strong suit. I contend that the supposed "conversations" you witnessed are just as suspect. As previously stated, Paul Bradley provides superior products, it is the delivery that is in question. His word is his bond and if he cannot deliver on any or all of the transaction then it speaks for itself. I have waited for over a year in the past for '40 convert floorboards but at the time of the order I was informed of the time delay.That is not the case in this instance. I realize that you probably have a statue of Paul Bradley on your dashboard but think about it. He is human, and things do happen. Just admit it- he is human and this one fell through the cracks.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
ford38v8

Actually, I think logic is my strong suit. You don't have your floorpans, so thinking logically here, you have a problem!

This conversation is ended.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #20
roadster36
BANNED

You remind me of Charles Manson. The rest of the world is always to blame. Nice try.