Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-17-2015, 07:36 PM   #41
bowie

Default Re: The Hamb

I'm a HAMBer and I can assure you, alot of the guys over there can appreciate (and possibly own) stockish "A" 's. My early'30 std roadster is bone stock except for its Winfield cam and '35 wires ; is it a hot rod? Not in my book! Just another neat old Ford. Don't be afraid to check out Ryan's "refined" HAMB.
bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #42
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
The so called 'Purists' really don't care if you own a modified Model-A, ...or whether it is a Street Rod, -or if you a collection of Hemi cars. No one ever condemned anyone for owning such, it's just that this forum was slated to discuss Restoration topics only. Think about it this way, certain folks do not like to read about politics here as it is not why they come to this forum. There are other forums to discuss that. The same mindset is played here, ...certain people come here to learn about Restoring Model-As --not modifying them as there are already other websites that cater to that mindset. Again, no one really condemned a hobbyist for owing a Model-A that was modified, ...it's just they did not want to discuss those topics here. That is the foundation why many of the knowledgable ones have left. Instead of ruffling feathers of peers, the timing may be right to initiate a forum somewhere else that caters to restoration topics, and happily co-exists with this forum and the Ahooga forum.
Could not agree with you more!!!!!

I love a Hot Rod especially a "traditional" one. Just not here. Maybe if you want the car to drive like a modern car, drive a modern car.

The other thing that get my blood pressure up is when someone states they HAVE to make a change. Nobody HAS to change a thing in the car. It drove, steered, stopped, etc just fine since 1928. If you want to change it because you want to change it, fine just don't tell us you HAVE to do it, as you don't have to. And then ask on a site the caters to modified A's.

This topic comes up every few months. There was one guy in the past that even said "you purists should start your own forum".

Again post what you want, Ryan will delete it if he does not like it. Just don't start another thread complaining about it.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #43
ratamahata

You can go to the Ford Barn, but please do not write about hot rods .... You can go to The Hamb, but please do not write about Rat rods ... Rat what? Banned ...

Enviado desde mi XT1068 mediante Tapatalk
ratamahata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #44
WRA

I hit both forums every night. I'm interested in both. The HAMB is great cause they have some fantastic build threads. Some of the guys and their metal work is fascinating.

I love the restored ford as much as a traditional rod. Both forums have tremendous interest for me. But I like to see them kept separate. I've seen many a car on this sight that I'm glad didn't wind up on the HAMB. Guess I'm saying "Everything has its place".
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #45
JeffM

I'm on the Hamb too, and before I owned a Model A, I was mainly a hot rod guy. Once I'd got the A, I grew to love them in most forms, and I love what the barn is about. I don't come here to talk hot rods, I want to see what you all are doing with stock and restored Model As. I've hardly ever looked at the Model T, or later model Ford sections.
I understand wanting to run your A on normal roads safely, and making small changes for that reason, but I have the luxury of living in a small town, where you could peddle a completely stock A without any problems.
I find it great that we have dedicated forums that cater to all interests, because we are all car guys and girls, and there's room for us all to co exist in peace and harmony, if you should so chose.
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #46
Bill's Auto Works

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I am on the Hamb as well as the Barn & many other forums. My problem is I love them all. Hell I even like old AMCs! I believe there should be reasonable lines drawn between the different types, but what I will never agree with is badgering someone if their vehicle drifts slightly over the line.

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Amb. Cust. Lemans
1957 Pontiac Chieftain 2 DR HT
1964 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 DR HT
1966 Pontiac Catalina Conv
1966 AMC Ambassador DPL 2 DR HT
1966 AMC Ambassador Cust 2DR HT
1967 AMC Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Chevy Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS 2 DR Coupe
2007 Cadillac XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
Bill's Auto Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #47
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill's Auto Works View Post
Hell I even like old AMCs!
Now that's over the line!! I recommend that you be banned from this and any site having to do with real autos.