Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
deuce_roadster

Default A good day for a 5w coupe

Today this car moved under its own power for the first time since the mid 60s. My best friend bought it in the 60s and I painted it 35 years ago with Tahitian Red lacquer. Unfortunately, he passed away before finishing it. He had many other projects ahead of it. Before he passed, I asked him how he was going to finish it and he said he was going to run it fenderless for a while then put fenders and running boards on. I acquired it from him and promised him I would finish it the way he wanted.
Well, today I had the thrill of driving it out of my shop. I am sure he was watching from above with approval. I got it from him as a body on a frame. Installed a dropped front axle, Lincoln brakes, 39 trans with LZ gears, rebuilt a late 32 rear end with 3.54s, rebuilt 32 steering column with 37 banjo, made headlight stands and run 32 commercial headlights. I still need to finish the exhaust but today was a day I will mark on my calendar. If you go to my public albums there are other pictures of the build.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote