Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
BrianBurkert

Default Roadster Interior Details

Good afternoon from dreary Pennsylvania,

I just got my 1931 roadster interior from L-B. I was looking at the instructions and it seems to be pretty straightforward.

Since the roadster is a Brookville body, some of the holes are not predrilled.

Can someone provide me with the locations of the five sheet metal screws that hold the trim piece that covers the belt tack rail (behind the package tray)? I see one is on center and the others seem to be equidistant to right and left and just above the floor of the package tray (from one of Marco's photos).

The holes for the cowl kick panel screws are also missing. The D-nuts are there for the door check, but nothing else. I guess there are 4 screws on the inside of the A pillar. Can someone provide measurements up from the sub rail?

The directions are also a little weak on the treatment where the shoulder panel meets the belt moulding panel. Also where the welt ends in the shoulder area (treatment of metal tips ends) and where the windlace gets tucked behind the shoulder panel. Any close-up photos of these detail areas would be helpful. Any photos of other known trouble areas will be helpful.

The top prop knobs and lock washers are also Greek to me.

The retainer for the door bottom seal seems to be missing from the Brookville. Does anybody have a photo for this area?

I also have no idea on how to install the carpet snaps.

This car is a repro driver, but I want to do it as nicely as possible. This is my first open car and I'm a little green in these areas.

THANK YOU in advance. I could wait till the next show to find a roadster to photograph, but I am impatient and the weekend is coming. I figured this could help others, too.

Brian
BrianBurkert is offline   Reply With Quote