Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-09-2024, 08:07 PM   #1
FwJ1941

Default Howells Sheetmetal

Have any of you had any recent contact with Howells? Ive placed an order for parts for my 41 Ford Pickup which are made only by Howells and after many attempts to contact them, I fear that they might have closed the doors.
I’m hoping that Santa will still complete the order and they will be delivered soon.
I understand that they are not too responsive to inquiries but I just need assurance they are still providing their services.
Thank you for your responses and or advice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1875.jpeg (22.9 KB, 644 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1872.jpeg (23.5 KB, 643 views)
FwJ1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:19 PM   #2
uncle buck

Default Re: Howells Sheetmetal

Do a search on Howell's Sheetmetal and you will find that that's how they operate. Any time you need something from them buy it through eBay or one of their distributors such as Snyders early Ford
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:45 PM   #3
Karl Wescott

The two items shown were NOT (to the best of my knowledge) "made" by Howell's. Rather I believe they were the last of Northern Classic Truck's inventory purchased by Howell's. I don't know if Ryan got the tooling also.

From a mutual acquaintance Ryan is still shipping, but has not made any production for some time due to lack of qualified employees. I was in Beaumont last week and attempted to stop by, Ryan's truck was there but the door was locked and he did not answer, approximately a dozen packages were set out on the doorstep for the Post Office confirming he is shipping some stuff (rumors is he is diligent in shipping epay orders).
Karl Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:10 PM   #4
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwJ1941 View Post
Have any of you had any recent contact with Howells? Ive placed an order for parts for my 41 Ford Pickup which are made only by Howells and after many attempts to contact them, I fear that they might have closed the doors.
I’m hoping that Santa will still complete the order and they will be delivered soon.
I understand that they are not too responsive to inquiries but I just need assurance they are still providing their services.
Thank you for your responses and or advice!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:20 PM   #5
Krylon32

When dealing with Howells, only do business with them on E-Bay. The E-Bay sales seem to get more attention than directly dealing with them.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:26 AM   #6
FwJ1941

Thank you! I appreciate your E-Bay suggestion for future orders!
Old 01-10-2024, 06:56 AM   #7
FwJ1941

Karl & Uncle Buck: Thank you very much for your responses. When I placed the order with Ryan at Howells, I wasn’t aware of any issues with respect to availability of requested parts so maybe there is just a need for patience on my part and that parts are soon to be shipped.
I’m just at a point on my 41 Project that the parts are needed to continue. For all future needs, I’ll try Snyders Early Ford or EBay. Again I appreciate your willingness to help!!
Old 01-10-2024, 07:51 AM   #8
Ron_r1959

I went through that with them a couple of years ago with a truck bed for my 41, I had paid for it and finely got to the point of trying to recover my money through the credit card company. Finely someone gave me a personal email address for them, possibly it was Ryan's, I don't remember , in any case I finely did get the bed and I was well pleased with it, but I would not have purchased it from them in the first place, had I had known all the frustration I had to go through to get it. They make good stuff, but at the moment at least, the business' side of the company leaves a lot to be desired. Good luck!
Ron_r1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:03 PM   #9
FwJ1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_r1959 View Post
I went through that with them a couple of years ago with a truck bed for my 41, I had paid for it and finely got to the point of trying to recover my money through the credit card company. Finely someone gave me a personal email address for them, possibly it was Ryan's, I don't remember , in any case I finely did get the bed and I was well pleased with it, but I would not have purchased it from them in the first place, had I had known all the frustration I had to go through to get it. They make good stuff, but at the moment at least, the business' side of the company leaves a lot to be desired. Good luck!
Ron: Thanks for your input. I appreciate your willingness to help as well as all the others out there. I’m sure that there is a reason for their inability at this time to answer their calls. Hopefully things will change and in the meantime, I’m going to see what kind of magic I can perform and attempt to fabricate and or repair what I have. Malfunction Junction, a referral I use for my shop might have a miracle in the making.🙂🙂
Happy Motoring in your 41!
Old 01-10-2024, 01:10 PM   #10
av8coupe

What is their name on eBay?
av8coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:56 PM   #11
Krylon32

Today they're using the name (09-40 Ford Sheet Metal)
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM   #12
busmania

Here ya go. I was curious what they offered so I found his page.

https://www.ebay.com/str/0940fordsheetmetal?_pgn=1
Old 01-11-2024, 10:33 AM   #13
FwJ1941

Thank you for the info on Howells EBay parts ordering link. Didn’t see any of the parts that I ordered so one could conclude those parts are no longer available!
Again, I sincerely appreciate everyone’s input concerning my original post.
Happy New Year & Happy Motoring to all!!!
Old 01-11-2024, 11:15 AM   #14
OldGold360

In my opinion, a 95.1% feedback score is not good on Ebay. Looks like they have poor customer service there as well.
OldGold360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 08:08 PM   #15
FwJ1941

In reference to my previous post concerning Howells Sheetmetal. I want to advise everyone that I did receive the pair of Rocker Extensions Forward Cab Mount yesterday. I guess I might have been too impatient but now happy that they arrived and I can proceed with the ongoing cowl repairs.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:55 PM   #16
Randy in ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGold360 View Post
In my opinion, a 95.1% feedback score is not good on Ebay. Looks like they have poor customer service there as well.
But at least you have good recourse if you do have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwJ1941 View Post
In reference to my previous post concerning Howells Sheetmetal. I want to advise everyone that I did receive the pair of Rocker Extensions Forward Cab Mount yesterday. I guess I might have been too impatient but now happy that they arrived and I can proceed with the ongoing cowl repairs.
Thanks for following up, all too often threads like this are left without closure.

-
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 12:06 AM   #17
cas3

Thats good news, thanks again for the follow up. parts fit good?
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 02:24 PM   #18
FwJ1941

Parts look good! I don’t see anything that would be of a concern. I’m happ with them!