Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
My3window

Default 34 Inner Door Handles

I've been looking for an original pair of inner door handles for my 34 coupe. The ones I have are cracked/broken where they attach to the lock assembly. I'm curious if anyone has found reproductions that are nickle plated instead of chrome plated? One option would be to purchase a chrome pair and have them nickle plated? I'm wondering if that's what most restorers do? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom
My3window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Tom/SC

Default Re: 34 Inner Door Handles

Tom, you can buy the chrome ones, use some steel wool, brush them just enough to kill the shine and you will have a "Butler" finish very close to nickle plate. Tom
Tom/SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #3
40a-760

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3window View Post
I've been looking for an original pair of inner door handles for my 34 coupe. The ones I have are cracked/broken where they attach to the lock assembly. I'm curious if anyone has found reproductions that are nickle plated instead of chrome plated? One option would be to purchase a chrome pair and have them nickle plated? I'm wondering if that's what most restorers do? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom
Tom,

You might try Bob Lincoln in Newark OH who has provided several parts for my 1934 restoration project. A gentleman to deal with and quality original Ford items. His email contact info; [email protected] . Hope he can help you.

Walt K. in PA
40a-760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
whizzernick

Bob Drake made these in the past. He doesn't make them any more nickel plated. Dennis Carpenter makes replacement knobs for original handles. You can buy Bob Drakes and replace the knob. You can also take the Bob Drake knob or handle to your local chrome shop and they can remove the nickel and or read nickel. Chrome plating is just a clear bluish metal that doesn't tarnish like nickel.
whizzernick is offline   Reply With Quote