Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-10-2022, 08:55 PM   #1
Tim Ayers

Default Any know where Racer's Row in the Red Field at Hershey got relocated to?

Anyone know where they re-located Racer's Row from the Red Field? Racer's Row would have the race cars set up along the one side of the stadium prior to their runs on Thursday and then the backside of the stadium had a number of swap meet vendors who usually brought with them a bunch of cool race car parts.

I didn't see either this year. I did not venture into the Red Field that was set up in front of the stadium sandwiched between Hershey Park Drive and the stage part of the stadium.

Thanks,

Tim.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 10:33 PM   #2
nelsb01

Default Re: Any know where Racer's Row in the Red Field at Hershey got relocated to?

I believe that what was remaining of them were in the first row at the ticket booth end of the stadium. At least there were a couple there.
I agree it was not what it used to be.
Rumor has it that that end of the Red Field existed for the last time. I think that when Bill Smith passed ... so did the group that was there.
nelsb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:01 AM   #3
Yoyodyne

Default Re: Any know where Racer's Row in the Red Field at Hershey got relocated to?

The guys in racer's row in south red got spread out mostly through green and orange the year that the red field was reworked during the park entrance remodeling. 2 fellows are back now in the same spots near the ticket booths. Dick Lewis is near the top of row GC. A few have passed.
Yoyodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:56 AM   #4
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyodyne View Post
The guys in racer's row in south red got spread out mostly through green and orange the year that the red field was reworked during the park entrance remodeling. 2 fellows are back now in the same spots near the ticket booths. Dick Lewis is near the top of row GC. A few have passed.
Thanks, John. It was nice meeting you in person.

I was hoping to run into Dick since he had a spot in the green field last year.
Old 10-11-2022, 07:28 AM   #5
PeteVS

I was happy to see the Stewarts stand back by the corner of the stadium. Root Beer floats!
Old 10-11-2022, 08:01 AM   #6
russcc

Gasoline alley pretty much went in different directions, but I did see Lynn Paxton there in the usual spot, and several veterans. Bill Smith, Jimmy Etter, and several other veterans all passed.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 01:05 PM   #7
Ronnieroadster

Many of those still with us from what was once racers row have relocated all over the place. Example Dick Lewis is now in the Green field. He visited a couplie of times easy walk under the tunnel to the Chocolate field.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:21 PM   #8
Tim Ayers

Thanks all for the replies. I wish the Hershey directory did it by alphabetic order. Would make it easier to find some of these fellas.