Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
ALS 36

Default Motor mounts

do they make a quick motor mount to convert a 35-40 ford frame original flat head to a small block ford (289) if so where can i get a pair of mounts????????
ALS 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
ALS 36

Default Re: Motor mounts

Help????
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
JM 35 Sedan

I can't answer your question but I am betting something like you want or need exists. Have you checked in Speedway's or other similar catalogs to see if they carry this type of mount?
The majority of members who post on this part of the Fordbarn are pretty much dedicated to the mostly original early Ford V8's and the '32-'53 Flathead Ford V8 engines. Also, the owner of Fordbarn prefers that the posting here is basically kept along those lines... a la the 'Sticky' message at the top of this page. Now, in contrast to the Fordbarn, he also owns what's known as the H.A.M.B. where it seems like anything/everything relative to automotive (and other subjects) goes.... including most any type of language you would ever care to see or use.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
TagMan

Chassis Engineering has what you are looking for and they haveexcellent quality - www.chassisengineeringinc.com
TagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
dude

2X TagMan. Have used CE parts on three cars, Top quality.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
ALS 36

Thanks man ill check it out!!! Is there any secrets that i need to know about putting a 289 /c4 in a 36 ford coupe any more help would be great!!!
Thanks big al
Old 06-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
klicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS 36 View Post
Thanks man ill check it out!!! Is there any secrets that i need to know about putting a 289 /c4 in a 36 ford coupe any more help would be great!!!
Thanks big al
Don't know for sure about 36, but my other (non-stock) 39 needed a recessed firewall. You will also need to use the crossmember kit from chassis engineering to make room for the c-4. As the other guys said, go to the web-site and/or get the catalog.
klicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #8
Bassman/NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I can't answer your question but I am betting something like you want or need exists. Have you checked in Speedway's or other similar catalogs to see if they carry this type of mount?
The majority of members who post on this part of the Fordbarn are pretty much dedicated to the mostly original early Ford V8's and the '32-'53 Flathead Ford V8 engines. Also, the owner of Fordbarn prefers that the posting here is basically kept along those lines... a la the 'Sticky' message at the top of this page. Now, in contrast to the Fordbarn, he also owns what's known as the H.A.M.B. where it seems like anything/everything relative to automotive (and other subjects) goes.... including most any type of language you would ever care to see or use.
Correction... as this forum is dedicated to flatheads, so is the HAMB dedicated to TRADITIONAL style hot rods, customs and drag cars. Anything/everything is definitely not accepted over there. Many an unsuspecting (read... did not read the stickys) noob has had his sorry a**e kicked for mentioning stuff that does not fit the traditional mold.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote