Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
fiver

Default LRS Chassis/Chassisfactory - BE WARNED

I ordered a new frame for a '34 Ford from LRS Chassis, Mt Vernon, MO.

Gene Matlock, current owner of LRS Chassis, has taken full payment of a complete frame over 6 months ago. I now have lawyers dealing with this since he's avoiding all attempts to contact him. He's a man of many excuses but I'm not buying any of them and by writing this I hope to warn others of Mr Matlock.

It's now become evident that Matlock is still taking orders for frames he has no intention of building. He goes around to welding shops in the St Louis area and subcontracts out some work to each. Just enough to make him sound legitimate to the unknowing customer. He owes a lot of money to material suppliers and subcontract welding shops.

The former LRS page is redirected to this address http://www.chassisfactory.com/ so don't be fooled by the new name.
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Mike in Mass

Default Re: LRS Chassis/Chassisfactory - BE WARNED

it,s too bad the boys in blue can,t look at the evidence you have, an go down an arrest the scumbag . I know I know , its not that easy BUT IT SHOULD BE ! I have a 39 pic-up grill trim ring hanging on my wall .. I got from a guy out in Washington state. looked good in the pics,couple small dings and bends ,,wasn,t the one he sent me though !might as well took 200 bucks an threw it on the ground . it reminds me CAVIAT EMPTOR, BUYER BEWARE! mp
Mike in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Randy in ca

Probably should post this on the HAMB too, if you haven't already.
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
4tl8ford

Contact the State AG where he does business - They usually have a fraud squad
1952 Ford F2 (Driver)
1948 Ford F1 Panel (Frame off resto-rod)
1946 Ford Coupe (Basket case)
4tl8ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
TJ

Contact the county prosecutor in the county where this guy is doing business. File a consumer fraud complaint. There's a lot of "shaky jakes" out there and they always ready to lighten your wallet. I always try to do business with companies that have been around for a long time and have a good track record. You might pay a little more , but they deliver the goods.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #6
fiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy in ca View Post
Probably should post this on the HAMB too, if you haven't already.
No I haven't because I don't have a user ID for HAMB so if someone here has (well many have, I know) maybe you could do it for me. It's all legitimate and I have proof and I know Matlock has done this to many people me being just one of them.

Yesterday I spoke to the man who used to work for Matlock and who now runs his own shop and asked him how is it possible that the word has not got out. He said that the suppliers are now becoming aware of this but since Matlock is still taking orders in I feel it is the consumer who ought to know too.

As for trusting Matlock's company all I can say is that I dealt with them a few years back and all was ok. I didn't know that the ownership had since changed hands and this is where we're at now.

One less Cabriolet on the road thanks to that pr*ck.
fiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
PeteVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiver View Post
No I haven't because I don't have a user ID for HAMB so if someone here has (well many have, I know) maybe you could do it for me. It's all legitimate and I have proof and I know Matlock has done this to many people me being just one of them.
It's just as easy to get a user ID on the HAMB as it was for you to get one here. The web site software is pretty much the same as it is here.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #8
ncolsen

Hey Fiver,

I too paid Gene for a frame back in June of 11 and have yet to see anything. It is still in the works. They are working on it now. We are having a cash crunch - send more money. Are some of the lines.

Any chance I can tag along with your lawyer? Is he in the Missouri area or somewhere else?
ncolsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
RANDCID

This guy is a nightmare to deal with.... Have to chase him down to find out information on your car . Then find out nothings done after 6 months and now trying to get money back .just beware gene is a liar and will give you every excuse in the book. He also post his ad under multipul names ..
RANDCID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
hotcoupe

sorry to hear about your experience with the "chassis works". i just tried to call this guy[ i live in the st.louis area] and all i got was a recording. but just looking at the web site, there is no physical address just a post office box. i know it`s too late for you, but i would verify a street address before i did business with someone especially if it`s long distance. if there is something i can do to help you, let me know.
hotcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
Mollie8723

If anyone is interested I have the phone number for Gene Matlock. This is very interesting information to me.
Mollie8723 is offline   Reply With Quote