Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
realsteel 1934

Default 1931 deluxe roadster--help

Trying to finish up a 31 deluxe roadster and need some help--need photo of just what the metal brackets look like that mount front seat wood that suports back cusion to lower riser ( mine were missing) same for top of seat wood frame and what conects the two to metal package tray.The wood kit I got had no diagram and I have looked thru all the repro parts listings in Snyder and Mac's can't find photo or listing of same.

Thanks Kevin
realsteel 1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Ford1931

Default Re: 1931 deluxe roadster--help

They are just a flat steel piece bent at an angle. Lebaron Bonney should have them.
Ford1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
Larry Seemann

You may want to visit abarnyard.com That's Marco's site. Lots of info on roadsters
Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Purdy Swoft

I had the same problem with mine nearly eight years ago. A guy on the old ford barn made a set for me but he has since passed. You need Les Pearsons book that is sold by Berts and Mikes affordable, not to be confused with the Les Andrews books. Les stated that his book has information on the 30-31 roadster seat assembly. Les has more than one book and you will need to ask which one gives the seat info. I would ask Steve or Phil at Berts 800-321-1931 and they can sell you the book. I don't believe that this info is published elsewhere at this time.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #5
realsteel 1934

Thank you to the replys ! I know that the brackets are still not avalible so I made some up in our shop.The only missing detail is just what height the top of the wood is above the base of the metal package shelf. That will determin just how high I place the asembled wood back rest.

My interior is due first week in Nov.from L&B and the back cusion will tell the story but I was trying to get few steps ahead.

If anyone can give me a measurement in center that would help me finish it.

Thanks Kevin
Old 10-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Marco Tahtaras

The Standard and Deluxe were done the same except for the materials of course.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
realsteel 1934

Marco

Thank you so much for the photo's .This helps me a lot as I should be able to figure it out now.

Kevin
Old 10-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
karasmer

Yes Thanks Marco

I have been following this thread also with the same predicament, I printed a copy of this photo for my file. I have a whole bunch of seats and do not know which is the correct one (if any) could one of you guys give me the length and height of the seat used? Thanks
karasmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
Purdy Swoft

If you look close at Marcos last picture you will notice that the upper piece of the wood seat frame is angled, this is a dead give away that it is a 30-31 roadster seat. The angled top of the seat frame was one of the things that confused me. I was about to improvise and make a seat frame out of plywood. Marco sent pictures that helped me understand how the seat was suppose to be.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Purdy Swoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsteel 1934 View Post
Thank you to the replys ! I know that the brackets are still not avalible so I made some up in our shop.The only missing detail is just what height the top of the wood is above the base of the metal package shelf. That will determin just how high I place the asembled wood back rest.

My interior is due first week in Nov.from L&B and the back cusion will tell the story but I was trying to get few steps ahead.

If anyone can give me a measurement in center that would help me finish it.

Thanks Kevin
I went out and measured my roadster seat back, it rises one inch above the package tray, in the center.

Last edited by Purdy Swoft; 10-22-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: added three words.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
BrianBurkert

I saw that your question may be answered. Maybe this will help too (you'll get these instructions with your L-B kit).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roadsterpanelinst.jpg (71.4 KB, 79 views)
BrianBurkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
realsteel 1934

This is just what I was looking for --Thank You!!! I was missing the upper back rest mount. I will now be able to fabricate that part. I also just recived notice that L&B is shipping my stuff next Friday .It also looks like the seat back rest will arive from them already mounted to wood frame.So I guess I will end up with two.

Thanks again Kevin
Old 11-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #13
realsteel 1934

Thought I would post some more info I obtained. My kit came in from L&B and the seat was all mounted on new wood fram .( now have extra wood if any one needs them) there instruction sheet showed a part of metal that held seat in place against package tray. They called it upper backrest mount.I called Snyders and they had the part I was missing --A-125-B They call it RDS seat adjuster.

The part just arived by Fedex -- with part in hand it now looks like it will all come together.

Just found another issue in rumble seat area --looks like the kit is missing the two angle suports that fasten to front seat wood on back and the rivit to rumble seat side pannels.At this point I plan to just make my own as I want to get this togeather.I posted this so if anyone else is ordering kit they can plan ahead.Thanks for all the help,I will post some phots as soon as I finish it up.