Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-04-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
JoeBauer

Default 5:1 High Speed TT Rear Gear Scrap or Serviceable?

City: Chesterfield va
State: VA
Price: 250.00

This is a Ford rear gear for a Model TT. It is the high speed 5:1 gear with 31 teeth. If it is serviceable I want 250 + shipping for it. If it is scrap I want to scrap it. How can I tell?

I removed this from a TT Ruckstell and was happy to find it was the high speed gear. BUT, the teeth have been worked on. I have seen a number of these gears in different conditions, but never one like this. It appears to me that someone skilled ground off the edges of each of the gears, and it looks like they did a good job of getting them all the same. But why? Is this gear serviceable? I DON'T KNOW. Informed opinions on this gear are welcome.

Please look at the pictures carefully. I can send you more if you tell me exactly what you want. Best if you are in the Central Virginia area and can come by and inspect this gear for yourself.

These gears are getting hard to find and I don't want to scrap this one if it is good. But I don't want to sell it if it is scrap.

Oily and greasy just like they came out. I can clean them up and take better pictures if you have an email I can send them to.

This gear might have thousands of miles left, or it might work in a doodlebug, or it might be scrap. I don't know. Let me know if you are interested, or if you know why someone would grind down the teeth on a gear like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0206.jpg (49.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0207.jpg (54.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0208.jpg (43.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0209.jpg (43.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0210.jpg (42.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0211.jpg (44.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0212.jpg (49.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0213.jpg (41.0 KB, 8 views)
JoeBauer is offline   Reply With Quote