Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-09-2024, 11:03 PM   #1
MartyAndrew

Default Coupe Body Panel Joining

Hi. I have a 29 coupe that I disassembled, a little too far, 25 years ago. After starts and stops and getting the chassis done, I am making another push on the body. I wasn't in a club then, and if I was I'd have done things differently. But alas, here I am. To keep it simple, Where can I find instructions or diagrams on how all the body parts join together via metal, wood, nails, screws, and what spacers if any go between things? For example, I have the top right and left wood for the cabin, and the roof panels sitting on top of the thin steel strip that connects the top of the A-pillar to the B-pillar. The metal has round and square holes in it. The wood has no vertical holes. I need a reference that shows how the roof panel is attached to the wood, and how that assy is attached to the top metal that connects the A to the B-pillar........and how every other body panel attaches to whatever it attaches to. Can anyone point me to such a reference? I have pictures I took and some books that show exploded views of the body and wood, but nothing this specific.
MartyAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 10:43 AM   #2
Tinbasher

Default Re: Coupe Body Panel Joining

That's something I've never been able to find. The Judging STandards covers alot on the mechancials but it's really weak on the body info.
You might be able to get it from the Frod Archives. I've tried to get into that site a couple of times with no luck.
Tinbasher is offline   Reply With Quote