Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Bassman/NZ

Default Another gripe about repo parts.

I ordered a pair of repo window regulators and the channels that attach to the bottom of the glass for the doors in my 28 tudor. The ones that turned up were Vintique brand, and I thought that's good, Vintique seems to be OK. They were labelled correctly for 28-29 tudor.... good. When I compared them against my rusted out and broken originals they looked quite different. I thought that no-one will see them anyway, so they will do. Being in New Zealand, it's a bit of a mission to return something!
Well, to make them work I had to remove about 1/8" from the standoffs, I had to reshape the actuating levers, both of these mods just so the glass wouldn't hit the mechanism. I also had to grind the head off the rivet that holds the lever to the toothed quadrant to clear the glass.
Finally got them to work, but the action is jerky and stiff, not smooth.
Also the Vintique interior door handle escutcheons in no way fit over the door handle actuating rod.....
I fail to understand why, if a manufacturer is going to the trouble of re-popping a part, then surely it's no more difficult to make it correctly than it is to make it incorrectly.

There.... I feel better now....
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote