Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
warrene

Smile Zenith float level ... Model A

Seems to be lots of confusion and difference about the Zenith float level and what it should or shouldn't be, some say float level makes no difference since all the outlets and jets are at the botto of the bowl so gas is always there, that part's true. Keep in mind the the gas level in the bowl is also the fuel level in the two jets in the venturi, also the same level in the pipe where the idle jet sticks down, the higher the level the easier it is for the vacuum to suck gas out of them, the lower the level the harder it is.
I simply view the float in closed position, if it's parallel with the underside of the casting it's close enough, I usually shim the valve to allow a scant higher fuel level, the far end of the float a hair closer to the casting than the hinged end, you don't want the engine 'starving' in any speed range.
I've worked on these cars since 1948, they're great cars that seldom ever let you down, Henry did himself proud, this goes for Edsel as well, had a big part in it..
warrene
warrene is offline   Reply With Quote