Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
B-O-B

Default nice day in the hood

Only because I promised yesterday to post a pic or two: The body is an old Gibbons but can't get any info from them,ser# 1508 & wasn't touched when I bought it,was & still is in gelcoat. Would have preferred a metal one but not in my budget. A Wescott would have been nice but sometime you just have to bite the bullet & take what you can get. Being over the hill I wasn't sure if I would ever get it on the road but she's running & driving & I'm smiling.
I covered the dash with the leather from some senoritas skirt from the thrift store,hand formed the dash panels from a speed sign,dept of hi-way legal donation,speedo for $20.00 @ a swap meet,fuel & amp gauges from my stock pile. Had to rebuild the 40 wheel with good old J-B weld,I need to buy stock in that company. Heh heh he. Best I can figure is it has a 39 merc tranny. Still trying to figure out what the 21 stud engine is. Rear end needs to be lowered some I think,maybe some longer shackles. I installed a Ft Wayne clutch & pp best $200.00 I spent ,shifts like smooth peanut butter but sure will build up your leg muscles. I replaced the brakes shoes with good old woven linings & it stops great. I also donated the new firestone 6:50X16 skins & K-H bent spoke rims along with the side lights I had in the reserve pile.Put some oil & amp gauges under the dash The pic with the orange wheels is receiving it & pushing it into my garage a year ago. I get 6 months a year to work on it so I'm pretty happy with what I have accomplished so far with what primitive tools I have here to work with. It would have been a easier & nicer if I had it up north but will make do with what I have here. I still need to find a canvas top,I have the irons,bows & rear window frame. The insulation ,finish wiring & maybe paint are in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21 stud green SCN4507.JPG (110.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3972.jpg (62.8 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4095.jpg (76.1 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4719.jpg (42.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4717.jpg (47.5 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg leather II.JPG (96.4 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4709.jpg (66.4 KB, 104 views)
B-O-B is offline   Reply With Quote