Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-11-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Tod

Default New header samples.

I picked up 5 new samples of the new headers I am making.

I sent one to a gentleman on this forum who is building a motor right now. That is my "test monkey."

I have one that will work only with the Snyder's single, double, and triple carb intakes, but these next ones are modified to allow the use of the Weber set up Don sells.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
Juggler

Default Re: New header samples.

If you send me some pics Tod I'll post them

Cheers

Juggs
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggler View Post

Cheers

Juggs
OK. I have them all laid out in a row. Tomorrow I'll get you pics.

Tod
Old 06-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #4
Tod

Quote:

Cheers

Juggs
Pictures sent.

Tod
Old 06-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #5
The Master Cylinder

Quote:

Cheers

Juggs
I you send me some headers I'll test them...

Just kiddin'. Keep up the good work.

Enjoying life at the beach in SoCal...
The Master Cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #6
Juggler

Got 'em

Last edited by Juggler; 06-12-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: resized image 600 x 450
Juggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
BILL WILLIAMSON

Whut some FINE lookin' headers!!! Tod, you're a man of MANY talents!! I assume that this one will NOT work with a stock intake manifold & carb???
Bill W.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I picked up 5 new samples of the new headers I am making.

I sent one to a gentleman on this forum who is building a motor right now. That is my "test monkey."

I have one that will work only with the Snyder's single, double, and triple carb intakes, but these next ones are modified to allow the use of the Weber set up Don sells.

Tod
Hey Tod,
While I'm no gentleman, I'm wondering if you regularly check you various forms of communication ? Some time ago, I sent you a message that I need one of these exhausts for my current B build. As no reply, I'm wondering if message got lost, if this machine is broke and /or if messenger is broke
If this (get me an exhaust) is not feasible, let me know, as I'm going to a huge swap meet/car show (Pomona) June 20 and maybe can buy a suitable exhaust there.

BTW...Which of your emails/whatever, is the best source of info to contact you ? I'm probably using the wrong source of the ones that I have. I loose info sometimes. AND, what is the price of your exhaust ?

Add: pics of intake setup. Will your exhaust work with this intake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (70.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (79.2 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (81.2 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by hardtimes; 06-12-2015 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add p.....
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:48 PM   #9
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Hey Tod,
While I'm no gentleman, I'm wondering if you regularly check you various forms of communication ? Some time ago, I sent you a message that I need one of these exhausts for my current B build. As no reply, I'm wondering if message got lost, if this machine is broke and /or if messenger is broke
If this (get me an exhaust) is not feasible, let me know, as I'm going to a huge swap meet/car show (Pomona) June 20 and maybe can buy a suitable exhaust there.

BTW...Which of your emails/whatever, is the best source of info to contact you ? I'm probably using the wrong source of the ones that I have. I loose info sometimes. AND, what is the price of your exhaust ?

Add: pics of intake setup. Will your exhaust work with this intake
Rick,

I don't recall any email like that. I'd have to go back and check. My memory is not so great. The email you usually use is good. I can still get you one of these, and it will work with that intake. I have 6 to machine, so I can put one aside for you. We can discuss price.

Tod
Old 06-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #10
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Whut some FINE lookin' headers!!! Tod, you're a man of MANY talents!! I assume that this one will NOT work with a stock intake manifold & carb???
Bill W.
Bill, I haven't checked it with stock intake and manifold. But I figure you are correct. The main idea was to get it to work with Snyder's Weber set up.

Tod
Old 06-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #11
steve hackel

Hi Tod; since none of the NEW blocks are ready yet, please put my name on one of the headers and send me a $ bill when your are done. I'll slap it on the boat anchor I currently have running and work out the exhaust piping while waiting for a new engine Thanks, Steve
steve hackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #12
Benson

Are there any plans for a "hot spot" like on the stock intake and exhaust manifolds.

I do not know how much of a problem it is in high temperature areas but around here where it gets cold ... down draft carbs I have seen working without them do not run well ... pop and stall until they warm up. The carbs ice up especially on cold, humid days.

That is why I like the idea of Charlie Yapp's intakes with "hot spots".

I guess it is not a problem where folks do not drive the cars year round.

I have seen Webber and Stromberg having the problem.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #13
40 Deluxe

Benson, maybe you could try piping hot air to the carb like was done in the 60's and 70's.
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #14
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Rick,

I don't recall any email like that. I'd have to go back and check. My memory is not so great. The email you usually use is good. I can still get you one of these, and it will work with that intake. I have 6 to machine, so I can put one aside for you. We can discuss price.

Tod
Hey Tod,
Yeah, memory not so great here also. Having some bad family happenings that life/death throws at all of us sooner/later, and that adds to my 'not so great' mental situation.

As you can see from the pictures that I've posted up, I'm pretty near to firing off this B. The 'tube' header that you see there now, is a Fordbarn friends on loan. However, it interferes with a couple plans, namely to put full flow filter on and to use stock fuel pump this time..trial thing. TWO more side benefits to using this creation

Yeah, please set me one of your new exhaust creations aside ,asap, and you have all my contact info to let me know, eh .

It's good to see that you're projects/products are coming together. I looked at the video that you posted in the recent past, regarding the A three main block...it's a wonder , how people with talents can create such.

There are LOTS waiting in the wings...so keep nose to grind shone and/or mill !!

Last edited by hardtimes; 06-13-2015 at 01:04 PM. Reason: ............
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #15
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Hey Tod,
Yeah, memory not so great here also. Having some bad family happenings that life/death throws at all of us sooner/later, and that adds to my 'not so great' mental situation.

As you can see from the pictures that I've posted up, I'm pretty near to firing off this B. The 'tube' header that you see there now, is a Fordbarn friends on loan. However, it interferes with a couple plans, namely to put full flow filter on and to use stock fuel pump this time..trial thing. TWO more side benefits to using this creation

Yeah, please set me one of your new exhaust creations aside ,asap, and you have all my contact info to let me know, eh .

It's good to see that you're projects/products are coming together. I looked at the video that you posted in the recent past, regarding the A three main block...it's a wonder , how people with talents can create such.

There are LOTS waiting in the wings...so keep nose to grind shone and/or mill !!
Well, despite any setbacks and constant supplier delays, I will always press ahead. I just picked up a block at the foundry the other day. I'm also wanting to test cast an aluminum one as soon as I can. I have 4 Cleveland blocks to cast first though. Lots to do. My health has limited me from what I used to be able to do, but we won't cry about that.

I'll let you know when I get time to machine these headers. I imagine I will have to cast a few more samples.

Tod