Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
steward614

Default Mikesspeedshop NC-Shock Rebuilder BEWARE

Greetings all. As we look to have our shocks rebuilt from time to time I wanted to share my story.

Back in Feb I reached out to Mike Baetlett. Several emails here on FordBarn and then personal contact to Mike Baetlett. After getting details I was told that I should send my cores in for evaluation and that it should take approximately 3 weeks and at which time we can set up payment. I sent 7 cores in on March 1st delivered to him on March 4th. I emailed him six times over the course of seven weeks to get a status report, with no solid update.

"Yes i did,Im dealing with 10 people at once.Once I get into them more,Ill get back with you.Mike"

Finally He calls 4/15 and says I have three cores out of seven that may work for my needs. And the he may have another core to sub in at a cost. Okay fine. And asks for a deposit. I was not home to send a deposit that day.

On the NEXT morning of 4/16 I get a text message from him saying "im going to send your cores back...as I have paying customers waiting on there stuff..."

SO Im thinking Ive already been told may lies from this guy who's to say if Ill get them back. I prepared a label and emailed it to him.

Yesterday I got the box back. I did receive six cores, of which four are mine and one is missing Here is the kicker, only one 28-31 ford Core was open!! He must have xray vision. So i'm out cores and shipping both ways.

Moral of the story is I wanted to share my experience and offer this advice please be-careful that your repair tech is organized and does what he says as my experience with Mike was just the opposite.

31' Ford Phaeton
steward614 is offline   Reply With Quote