Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-25-2015, 03:08 PM   #41
Kube

Default Re: Flathead Top Oiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Kube, that's funny, I own and run two media corporations, yet I still have time to visit hobby sites like the FordBarn, maybe I'm better at multitasking... LOL While I appreciate your offer, I'm not interested in what I consider over restored cars. Yes, occasionally I require the use of a trailer for my vehicles, if and when something goes awry... In the case of the '51 F-1, the bolt that holds the fan and generator assemblies to the intake manifold, snapped off when we attempted to snug it up... Something no one, not even you, could have anticipated. The good thing was, it happened at the exit for Garlits Museum, and Don and his crew were nice enough to let me leave the truck there for the weekend. By the way, what exactly was the deal with the guy who pulled the Flathead out of the '40 you restored?

Oh, I almost forgot to ask, if your clients are so high on the hog, what are you doing wallowing in the squalor with the likes of us FordBarner's? I'm sure we'd all like to know.
The "deal" was the guy (Dingham Collection that pulled the engine subsequently had a very highly modified flathead (Rousch sp?) built so he could run the Great American Race with that car. To me, it was kind of a shame that he used a car restored to that level to run a cross country race. But hey, once he paid for it, it was his to do with as he pleased. That car by the way, I had built for myself. His offer to purchase was something I could not refuse at the time. Even now, about 8? years later, I doubt a '40 Ford convertible would fetch that kind of sales price. I think there remains a link to it on the Internet should you so desire.

My clients are not "high on the hog" but rather quite nice and down to earth folks. I have been blessed to deal with such wonderful folks. Not a narcissistic one in the bunch.
I was attempting to make you understand they are most likely too busy to bother with this type of venue.
Me? This is my "dirty indulgence". The humor I derive from folks like yourself, so full of "imagination" puts a smile upon my face.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #42
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
Even now, about 8? years later, I doubt a '40 Ford convertible would fetch that kind of sales price. I think there remains a link to it on the Internet should you so desire.
The auction buyer bid $165K in 2012.......cup holder included. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #43
Vic Piano

Kube, its so nice of you to bless us all with your ever increasing levels pomposity and arrogance, during your moments of "dirty indulgence". You let the cat out of the bag with your constant chest pounding self-aggrandizement. So, its clear you look down on all of us plebeians, here on the FordBarn, and only visit, hoping to garner a few brief moments of jocularity. If you pat yourself on your back any harder, you're likely to dislocate your shoulder. And, if and when you do, perhaps you should try rubbing some MMO on it... After all, its got to be good for something. Oh, by the way, you really elevated yourself in the art of verbal jousting, with your closing comment; And, I would not waste a bucket of my pi-- on what's his name if he were on fire. A very adult response indeed... Imagine that. I think my work is done here. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Vic Piano; 03-25-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Vic Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #44
51504bat

'bout time to close this thread and get back to early Ford topics. IMO
Old 03-25-2015, 07:18 PM   #45
green50

Amen to that!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:46 AM   #46
johnh7

I concur, but then we did read it all. LOL

Live for today, but save for tomorrow!
johnh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #47
Straightpipes

The Boss doesn't monitor this site as close as the HAMB probably because old farts don't usually get feisty...........I think the last closed thread was when everybody was beating up on a poor defenseless old guy who rebuilds carbs
Straightpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #48
johnny

I am a Lucas oil user. 46 woodie ,39 mercury convt. [on the front cover current issue V8 times] We were on the way to the upper Michigan V8 tour last Sept. with the woodie Left home after lunch ,stayed in Gaylord for the night ,next morning filled with gas,did'nt take the time to add any oil. Pulled out onto 75 northbound stopped on the side of the interstate to adjust luggage rattle .started to take off, old woodie gave too poops and quit. Did some testing ,found to have spark .loosened of gas line to carb ,line full of gas ,used the wrench to tap the carb bowl tried it ,started right off carb needle valve had stuck closed Had I added the oil would it have stuck. never did it before or again after I had added oil before re starting .
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote