Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-13-2023, 03:29 PM   #21
WTSHNN

Default Re: Hershey, is it really that big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackops View Post
Can I get into the flea market on Tuesday? Or am I limited to Wednesday as the first day?

I've tried to figure it out from their website, but am still not certain.
There's no turnstiles or ticket booths to pass through in order to access the grounds as a pedestrian. So yes, you can walk onto the fields at any point that week. You can only drive onto the fields if you have a swap meet space sticker affixed to the vehicle.

The first day of the meet is now Tuesday, Monday is the set up day. Same rules as above apply regardless of the day of the week.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:59 PM   #22
brum1

I have been for a number of years and it has always taken me 3 full days to walk the entire flea market. Although I am walking by every space and down every isle, I only focus on spaces that look like they might have what I am looking for and just glance at others. Start at 8am, stop at 5PM, bring my lunch in backpack and stop for 1/2 or so at lunchtime. I would say that is big
Old 10-05-2023, 01:58 PM   #23
rackops

This was my first time and it was AMAZING. I can move pretty quickly and I'm looking only for specific things. That said, it legitimately took me 7 hours of walking the first day (Tuesday) and 6 hours of walking the second (Wednesday) to cover the entire show. A total of 40,865 steps according to my phone.

Aside from trying to see the Hermitage in St Petersburg in one day (I couldn't) I don't know of anything else I haven't been able to see in one day, including Disneyland, etc. Not to mention, this was all old car parts, so it blew everything else away!

Not only that, but I got to pick up some great parts for my cars. Just fantastic!
rackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 04:49 PM   #24
Model "A" Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackops View Post
This was my first time and it was AMAZING. I can move pretty quickly and I'm looking only for specific things. That said, it legitimately took me 7 hours of walking the first day (Tuesday) and 6 hours of walking the second (Wednesday) to cover the entire show. A total of 40,865 steps according to my phone.

Aside from trying to see the Hermitage in St Petersburg in one day (I couldn't) I don't know of anything else I haven't been able to see in one day, including Disneyland, etc. Not to mention, this was all old car parts, so it blew everything else away!

Not only that, but I got to pick up some great parts for my cars. Just fantastic!

I'm jealous. That was some kind of a record! The fastest I did the flea market was three long, tiring days, missing any vending spots that didn't look promising. I always wished I had more days left so that I didn't miss a space. Reality was, with more time I would have needed more energy to go with it and that wasn't going to happen!

Good for you! I'm happy to hear you got parts and had fun for your first time.
Model "A" Fords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:11 AM   #25
David in San Antonio

Reminds me of an old Mad Magazine cartoon of the guided tour at the Louvre Museum in Paris saying, “We’re in a hurry so NO LOOKING!”
Alamo A’s Club
David in San Antonio is online now   Reply With Quote