Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
johnnybentwrench

Default 1926 or 27 model t truck

Hi Everyone, I had a friend pass away two years ago and there is a model T truck 26 or 27 floating around. The engine is rebuilt with fresh babbits. chasis is rolling with new tires. there is sheet metal, steering wheels, carb, head, new radiator, windshield frame and glass +++++ stuff I have no idea what it is.I am not sure if it is a TT? I have been watching model t videos and kinda want t play. Am I nuts??? I will post some pictures soon as I go back up to my friends mom's.
johnnybentwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
CharlieB

Default Re: 1926 or 27 model t truck

Engine bearings are probably the most expensive single mechanical item to be done on a T. You can't do it yourself without major tools and experience. I consider this alone a great plus. Tires, sheet metal and radiator are also major plusses. You have alot of the parts and major work done that most T'ers worry about. Talk to club members and make up your mind based on what you're told. If you're mechanically inclined it's a great hobby. (especially if everythings there)!
CharlieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Doug Money

I'll second Charlie's post.
Doug Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Jack Innes

Charlie makes some valid observations. It sounds like you have found a project with much of the hard work done & it should finish up quickly. The beauty of a T is that there is endless information available on them & almost every part is available as fast as UPS can get to your door.

The easiest way to tell a T from a TT is the rear axle. The frame is larger as well but sitting alone is not as easy to spot.

This is a TT chassis. Note the worm drive rear axle. A T will not have the round section with the end cap that looks like an ash tray on top of the rear axle & is much lighter all over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT axle.jpg (58.5 KB, 83 views)
Jack Innes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
johnnybentwrench

I am going to take pictures for you guys this weekend. I sold an all original 1968 dodge truck like an idiot, so I need a cool truck and the T or TT is pretty damn cool. I will just bolt all of the nasty sheet metal right back and drive it as is!! no over restored cars here, just drivers!! Thanks for chiming in folks, JBW

ohh... I have a 91 year old friend who has told me the head bolts are special. I have a very bad feeling we threw all the nuts and bolts out. will this be a problem?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
tmodelman

Nothing special about cyl head bolts on a Model T or TT as the engine is the same, all head bolts for the 'high' head ('17-27) are the same, the earlier low head just used shorter ones.

7/16" x 3 1/4" for the earlier low head use 2 9/16" length.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg head bolt fixedd.jpg (81.6 KB, 23 views)
tmodelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
johnnybentwrench

OK, I am excited about T's I have really been looking and have found every single piece but the cab of the truck? what the hell could they have done with it?? There are a couple for sale right now!!

here are a few half ass pictures for everyone. I will try and give you the whole story on the truck when I post the chasis pictures. My friend has been working on and off on this T for over 30 years, There are pictures of it when he first got it, there are also pictures of him and his dad working on the truck.

I have long running boards the ones I am seeing on trucks are little shorty's?

Thanks for all the comments and information
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tparts-2.JPG (150.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg tparts-3.jpg (44.7 KB, 60 views)
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
P51_Merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybentwrench View Post
OK, I am excited about T's I have really been looking and have found every single piece but the cab of the truck? what the hell could they have done with it?? There are a couple for sale right now!!

here are a few half ass pictures for everyone. I will try and give you the whole story on the truck when I post the chasis pictures. My friend has been working on and off on this T for over 30 years, There are pictures of it when he first got it, there are also pictures of him and his dad working on the truck.

I have long running boards the ones I am seeing on trucks are little shorty's?

Thanks for all the comments and information
I just bought a TT C Cab for restoration. Would consider parting it out. Email me for pix - [email protected] - remove the nospam.
P51_Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
Jack Innes

Have you checked out the possibility that the cab may be sitting in the corner of a body shop somewhere waiting for your friend to come back for it? I have seen this happen more than once.
Jack Innes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 AM   #10
dumb person

What would you need a cab for? a wooden crate, a sack some planks of wood and the cab will be finnished in no time. They practically build themselves if you have enough wood and nails
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #11
dumb person

Found this picture on the internet today thought it might inspire or be of help. It has no upholstery to speak on so it should be simple enough to make
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote