Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-01-2022, 12:07 PM   #1
dfoster

Default 1939 / 1940 Ford woodie interior metal window frames

I've heard there's a man in CA has the molds or tooling to re-create the interior metal window framing for a Ford Woodie Wagon. Anyone here able to assist me? I'm in need of several pieces for my 1940 woodie project.

Thanks in advance.
dfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 12:52 PM   #2
woodiewagon46

Default Re: 1939 / 1940 Ford woodie interior metal window frames

There is a company in Taunton Mass. that's called Treehouse Woods, 321-848-2334, that makes the interior metal parts for the 1940 Ford Wagon. They also make fiberglass cowl and floorpans and will build complete 1940 Woodies in reproduction. You might give them a call to find out what they do for their car's window frames. I can't recall anyone advertising '40 Wagon window frames in the Woodie Times. Good luck in your search.
woodiewagon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:06 PM   #3
dfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiewagon46 View Post
There is a company in Taunton Mass. that's called Treehouse Woods, 321-848-2334, that makes the interior metal parts for the 1940 Ford Wagon. They also make fiberglass cowl and floorpans and will build complete 1940 Woodies in reproduction. You might give them a call to find out what they do for their car's window frames. I can't recall anyone advertising '40 Wagon window frames in the Woodie Times. Good luck in your search.
I appreciate the suggestion. Sadly for me, the Treehouse Wood guy had my 39 Woodie last year to replace the wooden body. 41k later, he completely destroyed my car. He’s a sad reflection of a human. Needless to say, I would never buy anything from him again.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
woodiewagon46

Sorry for even suggesting for you to contact him. The Woodie community is fairly small and he won't last long when word get's out that he is a crook. I hope you can fix what he did to your car without too much trouble.
woodiewagon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
dfoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodiewagon46 View Post
Sorry for even suggesting for you to contact him. The Woodie community is fairly small and he won't last long when word get's out that he is a crook. I hope you can fix what he did to your car without too much trouble.
It's just a very unfortunate experience that sadly cost me allot of $$$. I'm sending the car to Jeff Hobgood next year to have the wood completely re-done....which is also what Treehouse attempted. Its a total lose. My 16 year old son could have done better...and Eric Johnson was certainly capable of doing better. My car was better off had he never touched it. What is almost equally disappointing is that I found him thru the National Woodie Club / Woodie Times. I wrote the NWC President an email, not only describing what happened to me but I also included a photographic journal to show him first hand. I was hoping at a minimum, they would black ball him from being allowed to advertise in their knitch magazine....so it didn't happen to someone else. That email remains unanswered.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #6
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster View Post
It's just a very unfortunate experience that sadly cost me allot of $$$. I'm sending the car to Jeff Hobgood next year to have the wood completely re-done....which is also what Treehouse attempted. Its a total lose. My 16 year old son could have done better...and Eric Johnson was certainly capable of doing better. My car was better off had he never touched it. What is almost equally disappointing is that I found him thru the National Woodie Club / Woodie Times. I wrote the NWC President an email, not only describing what happened to me but I also included a photographic journal to show him first hand. I was hoping at a minimum, they would black ball him from being allowed to advertise in their knitch magazine....so it didn't happen to someone else. That email remains unanswered.
Word of mouth is fine if you had a bad experience, but putting it in print in a national magazine is a recipe for a lawsuit. I suspect the editor of the magazine is very much aware of what can happen when something goes to print. I feel sorry that you got the short end of the stick from this guy , but a lawsuit could even cost you more money. The best way is to turn the tables on him is to take him to court as an individual to get some or all of your money back. Your photographic journal will speak volumes in a court.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:59 AM   #7
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster View Post
I've heard there's a man in CA has the molds or tooling to re-create the interior metal window framing for a Ford Woodie Wagon. Anyone here able to assist me? I'm in need of several pieces for my 1940 woodie project.

Thanks in advance.
Dig out your NWC roster and look up Jeff Yeagle in Phoenixville Pa. I recall that he recently had a set of those metal pieces for sale....Good Luck... Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote