Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
my4dv8

Default 32 3window rumble seat

We are starting out on a 32 3w coupe, the body is near mint but missing some hardware. We are trying to decide where the rumble lid stops go and what they look like and also where the springs go to help pop the lid open. Our body has had a new floor fitted with lots of other work done so some factory holes may be missing.
Also what the large raised boss on the rear centre of the dash is for as there is no hole in the front side centre.

Last edited by my4dv8; 12-22-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: sp
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
TonyM

Default Re: 32 3window rumble seat

Maybe your body was never equipped with a rumble seat; they were not standard on the Deluxe Coupe for 1932 and were special order. (Francis/DeAngelis--Page 85).
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
my4dv8

It has always had a rumble seat as far back as we can trace to the late 50s but most recently has had some nice body work done and some reference holes etc have been lost . New floors right through and lots of metal finishing and lead work.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
32dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4dv8 View Post
We are starting out on a 32 3w coupe, the body is near mint but missing some hardware. We are trying to decide where the rumble lid stops go and what they look like and also where the springs go to help pop the lid open. Our body has had a new floor fitted with lots of other work done so some factory holes may be missing.
Also what the large raised boss on the rear centre of the dash is for as there is no hole in the front side centre.
The large raised boss is where the lighter went and should have a 3/8 hole in the center of it and the front has been welded over as for the rumble seat springs there are two angle brackets welded to eack inner wheel panels with several holes front to back for spring adjustment . There is a bracket that mounts in the floor on each side to stop the lid from openning to far. Floor brackets and rubbers Mac's# b-714008-s Spring brackets #b-526812 Springs #b-526813 Hope that helps Bruce 281-376-5932
32dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
my4dv8

Thanks thats a great help ,bit by bit we are geting a picture. Does anyone make the clip type rumble lid stops rather than the rubber bumpers? Also are the spring arms available? They seem to go on the outside of the pivot pin.