Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
rob63mess

Default Radiator woes

The radiator in the roadster has always had a nuisance leak. It cooled well but needed attention. I took it to a local guy, he said for about 125 bucks he'd clean it out and do the repairs. I dropped it off and he said no problem. 3 days later he said to come and get it, he couldn't fix it. We I got there he handed me the radiator in three pieces and a bill for 100 bucks.I was not happy.
I called the the parts supplier that I always use and ordered a new one. About 600 bucks with shipping but we drive the wheels off of the roadster so I figured bite the bullet. Fed ex delivered it today....to the wrong house...I had to search the neighborhood for it. When I went to install it, I couldn't believe how light it was compared to the original. Worst of all was how poorly it fit. The tabs that rest on the fram are no where close to fitting properly. After much cutting and grinding and fitting I thing im getting close, but The quality of this radiator is horrible. I hate to mention the supplier because they have always been helpful and their quality good.
rob63mess is offline   Reply With Quote