Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-11-2024, 06:39 AM   #1
Deperry00

Default My father has recently passed. Need some advice

Good morning to everyone. I hope all is well across the forum. My father recently passed on November 9th. Thus as so many of you know. He has left my 81 year old mother and I a lot of wonderful items we need to auction or sell. He left me with a very fine example of a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500. I know of 40 years personally of the cars history. It has been garage kept from day 1 by the original owner in Warrenton, VA. My father has had it for over 20 years and the same has been done in Winchester, Va. He did have a Skyliner. As everyone knows, with those, if not sitting on almost flat ground. The top would neither go up or come down. So he sold it and acquired this one in the late 90’s. As a child growing up I knew Mr. Chambers who was the original owner. So I am confident on the originality of the vehicle. Nothing has been done to this car but 2 things. It has had a respray in the early 2000’s. As well my dad added the replica spots on the car. Everything is like brand new besides just over all aging. My mother is in very bad health. We don’t want to give it away but we know the market is soft. Some things I know. It has the 312 but not supercharged. It has a factory installed continental kit from original purchase. Chrome is in fantastic shape, ZERO rust whatsoever. Does not overheat, and rides better then todays cars. 3 speed on the column. Like I said previously, its 99.97 original and in incredible shape.

Yes if you go to another site, I have posted there as well. Don’t want anyone to think I am spamming or anything. Just trying to get real advice from everyone I can.
Deperry00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:18 AM   #2
oldave57

Default Re: My father has recently passed. Need some advice

A good starting point would be a website such as Hagerty or Hemmings and enter all of the information on your car (body style, engine, etc.) that the website asks for. That can give a decent starting point for selling price, although it is only a starting point and condition plays a very important part. Ultimately, the value is determined by agreement between a buyer and seller. Ebay is one possibility as a lot of cars are bought and sold there.

The Hagarty website:

https://www.hagerty.com/valuation-to...rlane_500/1957

Good Luck,
Dave
oldave57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 08:57 AM   #3
KULTULZ

Unhappy Re: My father has recently passed. Need some advice

I am so sorry to hear ...

In addition to the above suggestion, you may want to inquire/list @ -

https://skyliner.org/forums/forumdis...p?2-main-forum
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #4
Deperry00

Thank you all for the information, its greatly appreciated
Deperry00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:18 AM   #5
russonator

There is also a Facebook group called Fords of 1957. You could join that group, post some pics, and get plenty of feedback. You might even strike a deal there with one of the members. Good luck.
russonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:39 AM   #6
34pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by russonator View Post
There is also a Facebook group called Fords of 1957. You could join that group, post some pics, and get plenty of feedback. You might even strike a deal there with one of the members. Good luck.
Cool avatar!
Matt 24:36-41
34pickup is offline   Reply With Quote