Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
steve s

Default letting go

I finally had to let my first car go--a 1929 Town Sedan bought in 1960. Although DBS surgery last summer had fixed the tremor, other Parkinson's symptoms remained and made it either impossible or just no fun to do the routine maintenance, tinkering, and general clamboring around that goes with Model A ownership. I no longer felt that I could do as totally competent and safe a job driving it as I should, and I didn't want the car to just sit there for my wife to have to deal with some day. We found a good home for it.

I'm as interested as ever in Model A related stuff and suppose I'll continue to check in with this fine forum for the foreseeable future and dispense my 2-cents worth once in a while.

It's been a hoot!

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1986 victory lap-1st time running since 1965.jpg (66.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg the long sleep in Grandma's garage, 1965-1986.jpg (47.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 3rd interior installed by Brownie (RIP) of Lancaster OH.jpg (88.7 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Steve moving in to Ypsi Lowell Street flat - sophomore year at EMU.jpg (68.2 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg adding oil before return to EMU after weekend home with roommate - skeptical Mom watching.jpg (59.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg more high school hi-jinks--trying to drive into school.jpg (111.7 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 yearbook back page-joe strength.jpg (77.9 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg Restoration begins - data suggest eating rust and old paint causes baldness!.jpg (52.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg friend helps install first of several new motors.jpg (58.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg view of interior before replacement by Brownie (RIP) of Lancaster OH - dance contest prize T-shi.jpg (51.8 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg all dressed up with somewhere to go - Grand Rapids meet.jpg (106.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg back at my high school home 45 years later - Troy Roundup.jpg (73.8 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Nancy at the wheel on return from Williamsburg meet - 2007.jpg (81.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg the last mod, radial tires - not as pretty but oh so nice to drive.jpg (75.9 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by steve s; 06-25-2019 at 02:56 PM.
steve s is offline   Reply With Quote