Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-28-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
David Montanari

Smile DRIVERS SEAT Adjustment bracket for 28-31 Tudor

I am wondering if anyone has used the bracket assembly for the 28-31 tudor drivers seat that allows the the adjustment of the seat for a more comfortable seating position for the driver. I believe it is an item from snyder's and is part number a-47904. I would like to get some feedback from someone who has used the bracket prior to my spending the money for the purchase. Looking forward to your response. I have attached the installation diagram.
Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TUDOR SEAT ADJUSTER.pdf (134.6 KB, 63 views)
David Montanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
1931 flamingo

Default Re: DRIVERS SEAT Adjustment bracket for 28-31 Tudor

pricey! My tudor has homemade angle iron w holes dribbed about every 1.5", remove bolt, slide front/rear and reattach. How often do you move the seat once you've set it?
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
bobbycoke

David I have a 1930 Tudor and just reversving the seat bracket only gives you an extra inch or so, I purchased the elonggated bracket with the 2 1/2 inch offset which was ok for me, 6 foot tall, belly room not a problem though I could use some weight loss but leg room was ok.. I won the adjusting set of brackets at a club auction, paid about 1/2 the catalog price as the 125$ price seems too much... It give more adjustment of back and up and is better.... I would not pay full price as I feel you could make a bracket to fit your needs cheaper, larger offset and height if needed....bobbycoke
bobbycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Mitch//pa
BANNED

dave i bit the bullet and purchased the brackets for both front seats. i also rotated the original seat bracket also for an extra inch. i have been happy with them they give also a tilt adjustment to. they look good not like a homemade piece of angle. would buy again
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Tom Wesenberg

My friend bought a set of brackets #37281 for $34.50 from Bratton's. It makes a big difference in comfort and leg room.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
David Montanari

Thanks for all the feed back, much appreciated. They are kind of pricey but i am looking for something that will look somewhat approriate in our "mabel", she is not blue ribbon but i have tried to keep as clean and authentic as i could and i know henry didn't have seat adjusters in the tudor but since my wife, who occasionally drives the car is 4'11" and i am a little larger, in all ways, i need something that gives a back and forward as well as some up and down adjustment, and the slight tilt to the back is great to as back issues also come into play.
Thanks again for your respones
Old 07-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
David Montanari

Hey guys, I do have one more question about the pricey bracket assembly before I order it, can anyone tell me how much back and forward adjustment there is in inches and also how much up and down there is in inches and also amount of tilt of seat back. It is not shown anywhere that I have found and it is not covered on the PDF. sheet.
Thanks Again,
Dave
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
Mitch//pa
BANNED

if i recall its 6" and if you turn the original holders around a couple more. the tilt is around 2-3 but dont quote me
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
Jim Powers

Have you considered fabricating a pair of brackets to suit your exact needs? I made mine from a pair of 1/2" foundation anchor bolts which are threaded on one end and come in various lengths ($0.89 each @ hardware store). I heat bent them to the set back distance and and angle that suited me. Cut to length, hot forge tops to flatten them, drill holes for seat mounting pins, paint, four 1/2" x 13 nuts and done for about $4/ pair. I half hardened the bends before paint and have had no bending issues in about 4,000 miles of use. I weigh about 230 lbs.

Jim
Jim Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
David Montanari

JIM,
Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a very inexpensive way to go, but as my wife sometimes drives the car and she is only 4'11", it needs to be adjustable and then she still needs pillows.
So I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and spend some money.
Dave